WE ARE CONFIDENT that those who regularly give blood either are, or will be, right back at it as the weather breaks. What we’d love to see is a surge of new blood donors to help make up the difference. Donating blood is a pretty simple process. Here are a few tips:
• Drink plenty of fluids before donating
• Wear something comfortable and that can be easily pushed or folded above your elbow
• Maintain a healthy level of iron in your diet
• Have a list of medications you are taking
• Have either your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification
The whole process, including registration, usually takes about an hour. So, we would encourage all able-bodied individuals who are eligible to donate (age, weight and health stipulations do apply) to make a pledge to be a hero by donating blood. There are two blood donation locations in Goshen, at 1123 S. Indiana Ave. and 226 S. Main Street. We hope to see your there.