- Police News
- Several injured in separate wrecks Motorists were injured in recent crashes responded to by Elkhart County police:
- Arrest made in courthouse bomb threat Elkhart County police said they’ve arrested the man who phoned in a bomb threat to emergency dispatchers Tuesday.
Police: Man who phoned in bomb threat arrested
Elkhart County police said they’ve arrested the man who phoned in a bomb threat to emergency dispatchers Tuesday.
Kenneth L. Childress, 25, Joyce Court, Elkhart was arrested on a Class D felony charge of false informing.
Man sentenced to 120 years in prison for home invasion
A Winona Lake man was sentenced today for his role in a violent home invasion that took place south of New Paris last year.
Jeffrey R. Hill, 43, was sentenced by Elkhart Circuit Court Judge Terry Shewmaker to 120 years in the Department of Correction. He was given credit for 93 days he’s already been incarcerated.
- Brothers held over murder A 2011 case has taken a new turn as Noble County prosecutors have charged two Fort Wayne brothers in connection with a woman's death. Andres Gonzalez, 35, most recently of the 400 block of Wiebke Street, has been charged in Noble Superior Court Divis
- Woman says police impersonator stopped her A driver reported to police she was pulled over by someone impersonating a police officer Monday night. The incident occurred on C.R. 17 at the U.S. 20 Bypass interchange around 10:15 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, the driver said she was p
Police: No bombs found after threat made
Elkhart County police are investigating a phone call made to the 911 center today indicating a bomb threat.
The call was made around 10 a.m.
Driver reports being stopped by police impersonator
A driver said she was pulled over by someone impersonating a police officer Monday night.
The incident occurred on C.R. 17 at the U.S. 20 Bypass interchange around 10:15 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, the driver said she was pulled over by a white male driving a small white passenger car.
UPDATE: Bomb threat reported in Goshen, Elkhart
Emergency dispatchers confirmed that someone has called in a bomb threat targeting the courthouses in Goshen and Elkhart, and also the Elkhart County prosecutor's office. The call came in around 10 a.m.
At the Goshen courthouse, city police were telling people headed in at the main entrance that the building was locked down.
Goshen police were clearing the scene around 10:40 a.m., and normal operations at the courthouse were expected to resume shortly.
The News will provide an update as more information becomes available.
- POLICE NEWS FOR MARCH 24, 2014: Elkhart man hurt in crash An Elkhart man was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 12:04 p.m. Saturday near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, Amy Bunn, 37, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle south at the three way intersection of C.R. 3 and C.R. 5. The driver of the seco
- More Police News Headlines