- Police News
UPDATE: Man severely beaten during robbery
Elkhart County police are looking for two men who robbed an elderly couple south of New Paris Monday night. An 82-year-old man was severely beaten during the robbery, a family member told The Goshen News.
UPDATE: Couple robbed during home invasion
Elkhart County police are looking for two men who robbed an elderly couple south of New Paris Monday night.
The robbery took place around 9:40 p.m. at a home in the 71000 block of Ind. 15.
Sheriff's officers searching for armed robbers
Officers from the Elkhart County Sheriff's Department are looking for information about an armed robbery in the New Paris area Monday night.
UPDATE: Elkhart teen's death ruled a homicide
An Elkhart teen-ager’s death has been ruled a homicide, Elkhart County Coroner John White said Monday.
White also said the cause of death for Tiana E. Alter, 17, was multiple sharp-force injuries. An autopsy had been performed earlier that day.
UPDATE: Police release name of girl found dead in Granger
Elkhart County police have released the name of a teen-ager found dead at a Granger residence Saturday.
The girl has been identified as Tiana E. Alter, 17, Elkhart.
- New Paris woman injured in crash A New Paris woman was injured in a two-vehicle collision at 9:40 a.m. Sunday near Millersburg. According to Elkhart County police, Manuel Valdivia, 39, Ligonier, was driving his vehicle west on C.R. 142, just east of C.R. 23, and reported having a po
- Deputies investigate Granger teen's death GRANGER — The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the suspicious death of a 17-year-old girl following a 911 call late Saturday evening in Granger. According to Elkhart County police, officers responded to a 911 call at a residence
- Goshen man sentenced to four years in prison for illegal immigration operation The U.S. Attorney's Office, Northern District, announced this week the end of the case against five people, including one Goshen man, convicted in February of conspiring to harbor illegal aliens and conspiring to commit mail fraud. District Judge Jo
- Home safe swiped Someone took a safe from a man's home south of Shipshewana Thursday. The loss was estimated at $10,000. LaGrange County police said someone entered the Rainbow Lake residence of Freeman Miller and stole a safe and its contents from a bedroom closet.
Arson fire damages playground equipment
Elkhart police are investigating an arson involving the intentional burning of playground equipment at Edgewater Park in Elkhart early Wednesday morning. According to Elkhart police, the Elkhart Fire Department was dispatched to Edgewater Park, loca
- More Police News Headlines
- UPDATE: Man severely beaten during robbery