- Police News
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
Police: Vehicle in fatal crash was traveling at more than 100 mph
Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man.
- No cause yet for Friday blaze No cause has been determined in the blaze firefighters say heavily damaged a home northeast of Goshen Friday night.
- Two injured in crash on Ind. 15 Two people were injured in a single-vehicle crash on Ind. 15, south of C.R. 14 near Bristol Saturday. The crash occurred at 5 p.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 2004 Ford F-150 driven by Michael Norton, 50, Colon, Mich., left the roadway and
- Ligonier man sentenced to six years in prison A Ligonier man was sentenced to prison on a drug-related charge last week. Gerald Sawicki, 53, had previously pleaded guilty to attempted dealing in methamphetamine by manufacuturing. In Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday, he was sentenced to six years i
Shipshewana man killed in crash
A 22-year-old Shipshewana man died in a traffic crash Friday evening at 1150 West and 250 North at 5:21 p.m. in LaGrange County.
- Man hurt in one-vehicle wreck A Goshen man was injured in a one-vehicle crash southeast of the city Thursday night.
- Passenger in deadly wreck remains critical A passenger injured in a one-vehicle crash that killed the driver was hospitalized in critical condition Thursday. Vincente Martinez, 23, Ligonier, suffered severe head injuries in the collision, which occurred at 5:41 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. 33 north
- Theft, burglaries reported to police Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported to Goshen police: • Rogelio Munoz, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told police Tuesday that someone stole two bicycles from his residence. The theft occurred between 10 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday. • Polic
- Police news for Nov. 18 Personnel from 40 fire departments battled a fire in rural LaGrange County Saturday and Sunday. Mongo volunteer firefighters were dispatched at 8:15 p.m. Saturday to a report of a fire at the former Campbell's Mushroom Farm, 8125 E. 600 North, Howe.
- More Police News Headlines