THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Goshen woman was transported to a hospital and two other people had minor injuries following a two-vehicle crash Friday afternoon on New C.R. 17 just west of the Goshen city limits.
According to Elkhart County police, Lenore Stump, 48, Goshen, was taken to Elkhart General Hospital after the 2005 Dodge Caravan she was driving collided with a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt, driven by Chad Young, 23, Goshen, at the intersection of New C.R. 17 and C.R. 28.
According to police, Young was southbound on New C.R. 17 turning east onto C.R. 28 when Stump, driving northbound, collided with Young’s vehicle.
Two passengers in Young’s vehicle, a 23-year-old female and an 18-month-old female, did not require medical treatment, according to police.
Elkhart County police cited Young for failure to yield right of way and driving while suspended.
• Employees at Keystone RV Co., told Goshen police that a semi-trailer license plate was stolen from a parking lot at 2642 Hackberry Drive, Goshen. Police said the theft occurred between 2 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday.
• James Mickles, 316 W. Wilden Ave., told Goshen police two boat motors were taken from his property Wednesday.
• Saul Aguilera-Torres, 33, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Friday afternoon. Aguilera-Torres was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Kimberly Rheinheimer, Goshen, reported to Goshen police that her vehicle’s window was shattered and a book was taken from the vehicle while it was parked at 114 S. 23rd St. Goshen, sometime between 9 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday.
• George Alexander Long, 724 S. Main St., Apt. B, Goshen, told Goshen police his license plate was stolen from his vehicle Friday afternoon.
• Goshen police responded to a call in the 500 block of Lincoln Avenue around 3:31 p.m. Thursday regarding two people entering a vacant residence. Officers found two people, a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old, inside the residence.
Alcohol incidents/drug arrests
• Mark Hochstetler, 33, 66084 Grasslands Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of precursors to manufacture methamphetamine following a traffic stop near Kercher Road and Dierdorff Road Friday evening. According to police, Hochstetler was also found to be in possession of synthetic marijuana. Hochstetler was taken to the Elkhart County jail. Police said synthetic marijuana charges are pending a drug analysis.
• Goshen police responded to Hacienda, 618 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, for a report of an intoxicated man. Police said they located an intoxicated man with severe injuries to his face, which appeared to be self-inflicted. The man was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital and then later transported to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne due to his injuries.
• Osbaldo Tierrablanca, 20, Goshen, was stopped by Elkhart County police for a traffic violation on C.R. 19, south of Ind. 120 at 11:07 p.m. Thursday. Tierrablanca was arrested on a charge of driving without obtaining a valid driver’s license and incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• David C. Bartley, 32, 322 Broadmore Estates, Goshen was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop for speeding in the 2300 block of Elkhart Road Saturday morning. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.