A Larwill man is in critical condition after being ejected from his vehicle during a crash in Kosciusko County early Sunday morning.
According to Kosciusko County police, emergency personnel responded to a report of a crash on Ind. 14 near the intersection of Packerton Road at 12:36 a.m. Sunday.
The driver, Jeffery Reiff, 25, Larwill, was located outside of his vehicle and was airlifted by Samaritan helicopter to Parkview Regional Medical Center, Fort Wayne. He was listed in critical condition. A passenger in Reiff’s vehicle, Brian Lardino, 25, Silver Lake, was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital and was in fair condition.
Kosciusko County F.A.C.T team members reportedly determined that Reiff’s vehicle had been eastbound on Ind. 14 when it left the south side of the road near the Packerton Road intersection. Reiff reportedly overcorrected, causing the vehicle to skid to the north side of Ind. 14 where it struck an embankment, went airborn and struck a utility pole. The vehicle overturned several times, landing on its top and ejecting Reiff, who was reportedly not wearing a seatbelt. Lardino was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, police said.
The crash remains under investigation pending legal alcohol/drug lab results.
• Mark Barton, Goshen, told Goshen police a vehicle owned by Royal Motors, Middlebury, had the rear wheels and tires stolen while parked at 1110 W. Pike St., Goshen, between 9 p.m. Friday and 8:46 a.m. Saturday.
• Susan Folker, Goshen, told Goshen police someone used her debit card number to make an unauthorized online purchase at approximately 12:26 p.m. Saturday.
• Aeesha Gamez, Goshen, told Goshen police she was battered and her cell phone was stolen while in the 1300 block of East Plymouth Avenue at 8:10 p.m. Saturday.
• A 16-year-old juvenile male was arrested by Goshen police at 9:55 p.m. Saturday while at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, on a charge of theft. He was later released to his father.
• Debra Domini, an employee of CVS, 410 S. Main St., reported the theft of alcohol to Goshen police at 11:20 p.m. Saturday.
• Justin Klabusich, Goshen, told Goshen police his cell phone was stolen while at a party in the 1600 block of West Clinton Street at approximately midnight Sunday.