One hurt, one dead in crash
A Nappanee driver was hurt in a Marshall County crash that claimed the life of a Plymouth woman around 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Indiana State Police reported that Alice M. Garner, 86, Plymouth, was driving a 1999 Ford Escort east on 4A Road. Garner was attempting to cross U.S. 31 when she pulled into the path of a 2011 Jeep Laredo driven by Jack Teska, Jr. 54, of Nappanee. The vehicles collided.
Police said Garner suffered a severe head injury and was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Plymouth, where she later died. Teska was treated at the scene by medical personnel for minor injuries.
A Middlebury driver was injured in a semi roll-over crash in Mottville, Mich., around 8 a.m. Wednesday.
According to Michigan State Police, a semi-tractor trailer driven by Douglas Haarer, 47, Middlebury, was headed north on U.S. 131 near Dickinson Road when the icy road conditions caused Haarer to lose control of the vehicle. The semi crossed the highway and overturned in a field.
Haarer was transported to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. His injuries weren’t life-threatening, according to police.
• Cynthia Hawkins of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges on her bank account for a total of $495.04 sometime Tuesday.
• Philip Metzler of Goshen told Goshen police someone made several unauthorized charges on his credit card Wednesday.
• Star Maynard, 126 Blackport Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged a vehicle at her residence around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
One hurt, one dead in crash
- Police News
- Man pleads guilty to Elkhart store slayings An Elkhart man pleaded guilty to counts of murder Monday shortly before his trial was scheduled to begin.
Two hurt when vehicle collides with Goshen dental office
Two people were hurt when a vehicle crashed into Goshen Family Dentistry, 1625 Sunnyfield Drive, around 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Police raid party east of Goshen
Elkhart County police raided an underage drinking party shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday at 12061 C.R. 36 east of Goshen.
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
- More Police News Headlines