One hurt, one dead in crash
A Nappanee driver was hurt in a Marshall County crash that claimed the life of a Plymouth woman around 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Indiana State Police reported that Alice M. Garner, 86, Plymouth, was driving a 1999 Ford Escort east on 4A Road. Garner was attempting to cross U.S. 31 when she pulled into the path of a 2011 Jeep Laredo driven by Jack Teska, Jr. 54, of Nappanee. The vehicles collided.
Police said Garner suffered a severe head injury and was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Plymouth, where she later died. Teska was treated at the scene by medical personnel for minor injuries.
A Middlebury driver was injured in a semi roll-over crash in Mottville, Mich., around 8 a.m. Wednesday.
According to Michigan State Police, a semi-tractor trailer driven by Douglas Haarer, 47, Middlebury, was headed north on U.S. 131 near Dickinson Road when the icy road conditions caused Haarer to lose control of the vehicle. The semi crossed the highway and overturned in a field.
Haarer was transported to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. His injuries weren’t life-threatening, according to police.
• Cynthia Hawkins of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges on her bank account for a total of $495.04 sometime Tuesday.
• Philip Metzler of Goshen told Goshen police someone made several unauthorized charges on his credit card Wednesday.
• Star Maynard, 126 Blackport Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged a vehicle at her residence around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
One hurt, one dead in crash
- Police News
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Meth lab found in Middlebury
Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Middlebury police went to a residence in Crystal Valley Mobile Home Park, 206 York Drive, around 12:30 p.m. regarding a possible lab, according to town Police Chief Mike McCloughen.
Man pleads guilty in Twin Pines home invasion
One of the men charged in connection with a November home invasion in Goshen has pleaded guilty to the crime.
Antoine A. McDuffie, 21, Elkhart, pleaded guilty in Elkhart Circuit Court Monday to Class B felony charges of armed robbery, burglary, criminal confinement and conspiracy to commit burglary.
- Goshen man held on drug-making charge David McNeal, 45, of 16 Roxbury Park, was arrested on a charge of manufacturing methamphetamine following a traffic stop near the intersection of Elkhart and Reliance roads in Goshen Saturday at 9:23 a.m. Police reported he was in possession of ingre
- One jailed after Ind. 15 wreck A Ligonier man was arrested after a one-vehicle crash just south of Goshen Wednesday night.
Man who robbed Bristol bank sentenced
A South Bend man has been sentenced for robbing a Bristol bank as well as a bank in Edwardsburg, Mich., last year.
Darius Witherspoon, 21, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in South Bend this week to nearly 13 years in prison with three years of supervised release.
- One hurt in Wednesday wreck Several motorists were injured in recent crashes responded to by local police:
- More Police News Headlines
- UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash