One hurt, one dead in crash
A Nappanee driver was hurt in a Marshall County crash that claimed the life of a Plymouth woman around 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Indiana State Police reported that Alice M. Garner, 86, Plymouth, was driving a 1999 Ford Escort east on 4A Road. Garner was attempting to cross U.S. 31 when she pulled into the path of a 2011 Jeep Laredo driven by Jack Teska, Jr. 54, of Nappanee. The vehicles collided.
Police said Garner suffered a severe head injury and was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Plymouth, where she later died. Teska was treated at the scene by medical personnel for minor injuries.
A Middlebury driver was injured in a semi roll-over crash in Mottville, Mich., around 8 a.m. Wednesday.
According to Michigan State Police, a semi-tractor trailer driven by Douglas Haarer, 47, Middlebury, was headed north on U.S. 131 near Dickinson Road when the icy road conditions caused Haarer to lose control of the vehicle. The semi crossed the highway and overturned in a field.
Haarer was transported to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. His injuries weren’t life-threatening, according to police.
• Cynthia Hawkins of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges on her bank account for a total of $495.04 sometime Tuesday.
• Philip Metzler of Goshen told Goshen police someone made several unauthorized charges on his credit card Wednesday.
• Star Maynard, 126 Blackport Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged a vehicle at her residence around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
One hurt, one dead in crash
- Police News
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- More Police News Headlines