Two hurt in crash
Two people were injured in a three-vehicle crash Saturday on Old U.S. 33 west of Porter Avenue.
The collision occurred shortly before 1 p.m. Elkhart County police reported that a 1992 Honda four-door driven by Jillian Maust of Goshen collided with a 2000 International delivery truck driven by Christopher Meyer of Mishawaka.
The collision pushed the truck into a 1995 Ford pickup driven by Donald Holst of Osceola.
Maust suffered pain to her back, neck and lower arm. Otis Sizemore of Osceola, a passenger in the pickup, had back pain.
Teen in critical condition
A Cromwell teen remained in critical condition Sunday in a Fort Wayne hospital after a one-vehicle crash early Saturday near Syracuse.
Alexandra I. Hernandez, 18, was a passenger in a vehicle that crashed during a police pursuit. She suffered a lower leg amputation, multiple fractures and internal injuries.
Two hurt in crash
- Police News
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- Sweepstakes phone scam reported Elkhart County Sheriff’s deputies are receiving multiple reports of a phone scam where the caller reports to be from Publisher’s Clearing House.
- 3 Amish teachers suffer carbon monoxide poisoning but survive Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday. Topeka Fire Chief Stewart Bender says the three teachers lived in the school in a rural area of LaGrange County. Bender told The
Three Amish teachers escape carbon monoxide at school
Authorities say three Amish school teachers escaped a small schoolhouse that had filled with carbon monoxide gas Tuesday.
- More Police News Headlines
- Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa