THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Mentone man was arrested after a vehicle pursuit early Thursday morning.
Spencer Cameron Thomas Miller, 32, 212 W. Main St., Mentone, was arrested in the 1900 block of W. Clinton St. in Goshen after a vehicle pursuit which started with a traffic violation around 12:40 a.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police.
Miller was arrested on charges of automobile theft, receiving stolen property, operating a vehicle while intoxicated-endangering, leaving the scene of an accident, resisting law enforcement in a motor vehicle and no license ever obtained, according to police.
• One girl was hurt in a two-vehicle accident Wednesday afternoon two miles east of Nappanee in U.S. 6, east of C.R. 11, according to an Elkhart County police crash report.
A 1997 Cadillac Deville driven by Anne Speicher, 78, Leesburg, was traveling west on U.S. 6 around 3:38 p.m., when it failed to yield right of way to a 2000 Jeep Wrangler drive by Spencer Swihart, 17, New Paris, which was stopped on C.R. 11, facing north, according to the report.
Speicher was cited for failure to yield the right of way, and a passenger in Swihart’s vehicle, Mackenzie Swihart, 16, New Paris, was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for minor bleeding on her forehead.
• Ashley N. Box, 2635 Alpine Fir Lane, Elkhart, reported the theft of her purse from her vehicle while it was unlocked at her apartment around 2:08 a.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police. She reported no damage to her vehicle.
• Corey Jent reported someone stole money from him while he was at IU Health Goshen Hospital around 3:40 a.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police.
• Someone stole copper tubing from four air conditioning units at 427 W. Pike St. in the early morning hours Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• Security personnel at Goshen College reported a theft from a campus dorm room around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to Goshen police.
• Beanka Alba, 213 S. Silverwood Lane, reported someone entered her apartment and stole items around 11 p.m. Saturday, according to Goshen police.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A 17-year-old female juvenile was arrested on charges of being incorrigible and criminal mischief at her home at 613 N. Main St., Goshen, according to Goshen police.
• Steven J. Eiermann, 28, Goshen, reported criminal mischief to police after he found the window to the front of his house broken around 4:42 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• Chad Powell, Goshen, reported his car was vandalized while it was parked at 1814 Westplains Drive around 10 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• Jennifer Homewood, 31, 119 Bambi Court, Middlebury, was arrested on a charge of driving while suspended-prior after a traffic stop near Pike and Third streets around 9:55 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• Amanda Holewinski, 20, 2030 North Oakland Ave., Milwaukee, Wisc., was arrested on charges of public intoxication and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage, in the 100 block of Mill Street, Goshen, around 12:36 a.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police.
The following individuals were arrested on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated:
• Bobbie Bledsoe, 77, 1214 E. Reynold St., Goshen, was arrested near the intersection of Washington and Main streets around 4:59 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• Jaime V. Angulo, 24, 3619 Bedford Court, Elkhart, was arrested at the intersection of Peddler’s Village Road and C.R. 17 after he was stopped for driving left of center, according to Goshen police. He was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana.