THE GOSHEN NEWS
Kosciusko County police are investigating a head-on crash south of Leesburg that injured a Warsaw woman and a Roann man Friday morning.
According to the sheriff’s department, deputies and emergency personnel responded at 11:48 a.m. to a crash on Ind. 15, just north of Levi Lee Road. Firefighters from both Leesburg/Plain Township and Warsaw/Wayne Territory fire departments extricated drivers from both vehicles, who were then airlifted from the scene to Parkview Regional Medical Center.
One of the drivers was identified by police as Jennifer M. Gholson, 41, Warsaw. Gholson had reportedly been driving her vehicle southbound on Ind. 15 when her vehicle crossed the center line for an unknown reason, colliding with a northbound vehicle driven by Sam E. Crace, 41, Roann. Crace was reported to have extensive lower extremity injuries, while Gholson reportedly had serious internal injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
for armed robbers
Elkhart police are investigating a report of an armed robbery at 8 p.m. Thursday in Elkhart.
According to Elkhart police, officers were dispatched to the 800 block of East Mishawaka Road in reference to a robbery that had just occurred.
Officers met with an adult male victim who advised he had been walking on Mishawaka Road when two men with handguns approached him. The first suspect is described as a black male approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect is described as a black male approximately 5 feet 11 inches tall and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. The suspects were reportedly able to get an undisclosed amount of money from the victim.
The two suspects were seen getting into a Black Ford Crown Victoria, which reportedly had an orange and yellow paint chip on the front bumper. The vehicle then left the area heading west on Mishawaka Road.
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Elkhart Police Department Detective Bureau at 574-295-7076.
• Beau Kyle, Elkhart, told Goshen police several items were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 3525 Hackberry Drive, Goshen, at approximately 7:45 a.m. Thursday.
• Maria Velasco-Castro, 508 Middlebury St., Goshen, told Goshen police a large sum of money was withdrawn from her bank account without her permission on July 26.
• Daniel Boots, 18962 C.R. 14, Bristol, told Elkhart County police the front door of his home was kicked in between 10 and 10:40 a.m. Wednesday. He indicated several items including two televisions and a video game system were stolen.
• An employee at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone pushed him in the chest at 10:40 a.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• George Madison, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone put graffiti on school property at 59021 C.R. 3, Elkhart, at approximately 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Norma 207 W. Wilkinson St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone threw several eggs at her 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan while it was parked at her residence at approximately 8:57 Wednesday.
• Goshen police received a report of graffiti on the foot bridge located behind the city garage at 300 N. Fifth St. at 1:33 p.m. Thursday.
• Guadalupe Hernandez, 24, Elkhart, was stopped for a traffic violation on C.R. 18, west of C.R. 13, at approximately 11:23 p.m. Tuesday. According to Elkhart County police, she was found to have never received a license and had two outstanding warrants for her arrest. Hernandez was incarcerated.
• Willberg Rodriguez, 24, Cromwell, was arrested by Goshen police at 10:41 a.m. Thursday in the 2300 block of Lincolnway East on a charge of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Gregorio Vargas, 27, 224 S. Sixth St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 4:44 a.m. Friday in the 1500 block of South 15th Street on a charge of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• John Lichtenberger, 30, was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated by Elkhart County police at approximately 1:17 a.m. Wednesday. He was stopped for a traffic violation at Main Street and Hively Avenue, Elkhart. Police reported that Lichtenberger was also allegedly found to be in possession of marijuana and driving on a suspended license with a prior conviction for driving while suspended. He was incarcerated.