An 8-year-old girl was hurt when she was struck by a car as she stepped off a school bus at 2:56 p.m. Monday at Ind. 120, west of C.R. 19
According to sheriff’s department report, Timothy Risner, 35, Bristol, was following an Elkhart Community Schools bus headed west on Ind. 120 but was unable to stop his 2002 Mercury when the bus stopped in front of him. The driver swerved to the right and struck Skyler Prater, 8, Bristol, as she stepped off the bus. She was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for non-incapacitating pain to her left ankle.
Risner was cited for having improper brakes.
Elkhart man robbed outside Goshen bar
Goshen police received a report from a 27-year-old Elkhart man who said he was robbed of his wallet outside McKee’s Irish Pub, 1914 Elkhart Road, at 2 a.m. Saturday. The victim was not hurt in the strong-arm robbery.
Sheriff’s officers received a battery report from a Middlebury resident Sunday afternoon. A 47-year-old man who lives in the 51000 block of East County Line Road said he was struck in the face by a 55-year-old man at 1:30 that afternoon. The victim had a small cut above his right eye.
• Goshen police cited Regina S. Gunter, 62, 23669 Decamp Blvd., Elkhart, at 8:24 a.m. Monday after she was accused of taking four items valued at $39 at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road. She was cited and released.
• Goshen police received a report from officials at Advanced Affiliates, 1938 Eisenhower Drive South, on Monday that someone stole 75 gallons of diesel fuel valued at $263 over the weekend.
• Jerry Wallace, 68, Goshen, reported to city police that on Feb. 1 or 2 someone scratched his vehicle while it was parked at Walmart, 4024 Elkhart Road.
• Sheriff’s officers received a report from Zachary A. Harrison, 27, 18772 Joan Kay Lane, Goshen, that someone spray painted graffiti on an exterior wall of his home last week.
• The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department received a report from Richard Matteson, transportation director at Concord Schools, that someone damaged a fence at the bus compound between 5 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. An electrical box was also damaged in the incident.
• According to a sheriff’s department report, Marty Seabolt, Elkhart, reported Monday morning that a vacant rental home at 57980 Santa Anita, Elkhart, has been the scene of six acts of vandalism since May. The owner said the home has been gutted and the exterior shot with paintballs.
• Sheriff’s officers received a report that three gravestones in Elkhart Prairie Cemetery, 16742 C.R. 38, Goshen, at 3:49 p.m. Sunday. It appears that a vehicle left the roadway, knocked three stones off their bases and the driver fled the scene.