• David P. Cain, 38, 218 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of battery resulting in serious bodily injury and domestic battery at 11 p.m. Saturday.
• Elkhart County police received a report of a 14-year-old male being battered by another male at Fairfield Junior-Senior High School, 67530 U.S. 33, Goshen, at approximately 9:50 a.m. Jan. 23. Police said the investigation is ongoing.
False reporting/informing reports
• A Concord Community Schools student made nine 911 calls to the Elkhart County Public Service Communication Center on a cell phone from a school bus in transit between 8:36 and 8:43 a.m. Tuesday.
Elkhart County police and school staff verified there was no incident at the elementary school. Police and school officials are continuing the investigation.
Failure to register arrests
• Jeffery Springer, 47, 53179 Pine Drive, Middlebury, was arrested Monday by Elkhart County police on a charge of failure to register as required by Indiana law. He was booked into the county jail.
• Gabriel Marquez-Montano, 27, 221 Rue Bossuet Apt. 2001, South Bend, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving with a suspended driver’s license at 11:32 p.m. Tuesday.
He was stopped at 4000 Elkhart Road in Goshen after reportedly disregarding a stop sign at 2200 Reith Boulevard.
He was released with a memorandum to appear in court and ticketed for disregarding a stop sign.
• Alejandro Hernandez, 20, 628 N. Main St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of never obtaining a valid driver’s license at 3:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said he was stopped for traffic violations near the intersection of C.R. 17 and Reith Boulevard and incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.
• Ganesh Iyer, 37, 3086 Bridlewood Drive, Rochester, Mich., was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of public intoxication after a traffic stop for an improper U-turn was made in the 200 block of S. Main St., Goshen, at 12:24 a.m. Thursday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail.