THE GOSHEN NEWS
— Hit-and-runs reported
The following hit-and-run crashes were reported to Goshen police:
• Michael Marston of Granger, told Goshen police someone rear ended his vehicle at the intersection of Greene Road and Elkhart Road and left the scene without exchanging information at 9:41 p.m. Saturday.
• A 17-year-old juvenile male from Goshen reported to Goshen police he was hit by a vehicle while on his bicycle in the 200 block of Chicago Avenue at 12:29 Saturday. The driver of the vehicle left the scene. The juvenile reported he was not injured as a result of this collision.
• Layne Bailey, 2317 Edward, Goshen, told Goshen police someone broke into her residence, turned on all the gas burners to the stove without the flame being lit and lit a candle in the living room at 9:18 p.m. Saturday. Three silver rings were stolen from her bedroom.
• Francesca Laguesma, 306 N. Main St., of Goshen, told Goshen police someone attempted to burglarize her apartment after fining the front door damaged at 4:06 p.m. Saturday.
• Semiramis Chauarria, of Goshen, told Goshen police she received a call from someone stating she was behind on her electric bill and she needed to make a payment immediately and requested she pay $255 at 4:31 p.m. Saturday. Chaurarria advised she made the payment and later found out it was fraudulent.
• Matthew Christianson, 25, of Nappanee, told Goshen police someone struck him in the back of his head with an unknown object while walking in the 200 block of New Street in Goshen at 4:27 a.m. Sunday.
Vandalism/crimianl mischief reports
• Criminal mischief was reported to Middlebury police at a residence located on Eugene Drive in Middlebury of being spray painted between the evening hours of Friday or early Saturday.
Shoplifting/criminal conversion arrests
• Christy L. Jackson, 31, 1117 Anderson St., of Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, on a charge of criminal conversion at 5:58 p.m. Saturday. Jackson was released on a memo to appear in court.
• Margio Cabrera, 40, 412 Glenwood Drive, of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on operating a charge of driving with a suspended license - prior at 12:45 a.m. Sunday. Cabrera was released with a court date after a traffic stop was made in the 1200 block of West Avenue for driving left of center, police reported.
• Michael Garcia, 24, 269 Woodridge Court, of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while his license was suspended prior and a Noble County warrant at 1:59 a.m. Sunday after a traffic stop was made in the 1800 block of Elkhart Road for failing to indicated a turn prior to 200 feet, police reported. Garcia was taken to the Elkhart County Jail and incarcerated.
• A 16-year-old Goshen girl was arrested by Goshen police at 1739 Berkey Avenue in Goshen on charges of possession of controlled substance and possession of marijuana at 4:16 p.m. Saturday. She was released to her guardians.
• Nicki A. Lambert, 50, 1738 Manor Haus Court, Apt. B2, of Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police in the area of Johnston Street and Arbor Court on a charge of operating a vehicle under the influence at 10:52 p.m. Saturday after a traffic stop for driving without headlights and driving left of center, police reported. Lambert was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.