Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
A man was injured in a snowmobile crash in the 5500 block of East Baseline Road in Noble County Thursday.
Christopher W. Hackman, 57, was working on a 1999 Polaris 500 Indy Trail snowmobile in his garage when he started the vehicle while sitting on it, according to Indiana Department of Natural Resources officers. The snowmobile throttle stuck open, the DNR reported causing the snowmobile to accelerate out of the garage and travel approximately 100 yards to the northeast, where it struck a small tree head-on.
Hackman was thrown from the snowmobile upon impact, and he was treated on scene by Noble County EMS for a leg injury. He was transported to Parkview Regional Medical in Fort Wayne for further treatment.
• Avangela Jones, 43, 720 W. Pike St., Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested after allegedly shoplifting from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• A burglary from Pleasant View Mennonite Church, 58529 C.R. 23, was reported to Elkhart County police. The burglary happened sometime between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 7:57 a.m. Wednesday, according to Elkhart County police. Church personnel reported $421 missing from an office.
• A 39-year-old man reported a male pointing a firearm at him after an altercation at the American Legion post 484, 103 Washington St., Millersburg, around 12:25 a.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police. Charges are pending at this time.
• Goshen police said Hugo Cortes-Sanchez, 36, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of never obtaining a driver’s license after he was a driver involved in a property damage crash at Elkhart and Greene roads around 2:41 p.m. Wednesday.
• Elkhart County police arrested a Bristol driver after a traffic stop around 2:20 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 33 southeast of Sunnyside Ave.
Ben D. Mausar III, 19, Bristol, was arrested on charges of maintaining a common nuisance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kaitlin Neal, 20, no address given, was cited and released on charges of possession of marijuana and visiting a common nuisance. Two boys ages 16 and 17 were cited charges of possession of a controlled substance and visiting a common nuisance, and a 17-year-old girl on a charge of visiting a common nuisance. All the minors were released to guardians.
Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
- Police News
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- More Police News Headlines