Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
A man was injured in a snowmobile crash in the 5500 block of East Baseline Road in Noble County Thursday.
Christopher W. Hackman, 57, was working on a 1999 Polaris 500 Indy Trail snowmobile in his garage when he started the vehicle while sitting on it, according to Indiana Department of Natural Resources officers. The snowmobile throttle stuck open, the DNR reported causing the snowmobile to accelerate out of the garage and travel approximately 100 yards to the northeast, where it struck a small tree head-on.
Hackman was thrown from the snowmobile upon impact, and he was treated on scene by Noble County EMS for a leg injury. He was transported to Parkview Regional Medical in Fort Wayne for further treatment.
• Avangela Jones, 43, 720 W. Pike St., Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested after allegedly shoplifting from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• A burglary from Pleasant View Mennonite Church, 58529 C.R. 23, was reported to Elkhart County police. The burglary happened sometime between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 7:57 a.m. Wednesday, according to Elkhart County police. Church personnel reported $421 missing from an office.
• A 39-year-old man reported a male pointing a firearm at him after an altercation at the American Legion post 484, 103 Washington St., Millersburg, around 12:25 a.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police. Charges are pending at this time.
• Goshen police said Hugo Cortes-Sanchez, 36, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of never obtaining a driver’s license after he was a driver involved in a property damage crash at Elkhart and Greene roads around 2:41 p.m. Wednesday.
• Elkhart County police arrested a Bristol driver after a traffic stop around 2:20 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 33 southeast of Sunnyside Ave.
Ben D. Mausar III, 19, Bristol, was arrested on charges of maintaining a common nuisance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kaitlin Neal, 20, no address given, was cited and released on charges of possession of marijuana and visiting a common nuisance. Two boys ages 16 and 17 were cited charges of possession of a controlled substance and visiting a common nuisance, and a 17-year-old girl on a charge of visiting a common nuisance. All the minors were released to guardians.
Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
- Police News
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- More Police News Headlines