Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
A man was injured in a snowmobile crash in the 5500 block of East Baseline Road in Noble County Thursday.
Christopher W. Hackman, 57, was working on a 1999 Polaris 500 Indy Trail snowmobile in his garage when he started the vehicle while sitting on it, according to Indiana Department of Natural Resources officers. The snowmobile throttle stuck open, the DNR reported causing the snowmobile to accelerate out of the garage and travel approximately 100 yards to the northeast, where it struck a small tree head-on.
Hackman was thrown from the snowmobile upon impact, and he was treated on scene by Noble County EMS for a leg injury. He was transported to Parkview Regional Medical in Fort Wayne for further treatment.
• Avangela Jones, 43, 720 W. Pike St., Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested after allegedly shoplifting from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• A burglary from Pleasant View Mennonite Church, 58529 C.R. 23, was reported to Elkhart County police. The burglary happened sometime between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 7:57 a.m. Wednesday, according to Elkhart County police. Church personnel reported $421 missing from an office.
• A 39-year-old man reported a male pointing a firearm at him after an altercation at the American Legion post 484, 103 Washington St., Millersburg, around 12:25 a.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police. Charges are pending at this time.
• Goshen police said Hugo Cortes-Sanchez, 36, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of never obtaining a driver’s license after he was a driver involved in a property damage crash at Elkhart and Greene roads around 2:41 p.m. Wednesday.
• Elkhart County police arrested a Bristol driver after a traffic stop around 2:20 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 33 southeast of Sunnyside Ave.
Ben D. Mausar III, 19, Bristol, was arrested on charges of maintaining a common nuisance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kaitlin Neal, 20, no address given, was cited and released on charges of possession of marijuana and visiting a common nuisance. Two boys ages 16 and 17 were cited charges of possession of a controlled substance and visiting a common nuisance, and a 17-year-old girl on a charge of visiting a common nuisance. All the minors were released to guardians.
Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
- Police News
- Police cars hit in multi-county chase According to Middlebury police, officer Gary Smith attempted to locate a silver Saturn leaving McDonald’s on Ind. 13, near U.S. 20 in Middlebury at 11:30 p.m. Monday. Jonathan Gaby, 31, Middlebury, the driver of the Saturn was reported to be allegedly intoxicated.
- Goshen crash injures driver A two-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon at the intersection of U.S. 33 and Ind. 4 injured one driver, according to Goshen police reports. Shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, a 2009 Nissan Cube driven by Emily N. Lee, 18, was northbound on U.S. 33 near
- Goshen woman guilty of stealing government property Crystal Riggs, 48, Goshen, pled guilty to felony theft of government property in federal court in South Bend. The magistrate judge is recommending that the district court accept the tendered guilty plea. Parties have 14 days in which to object to the
- Suspicious bottle found at Concord High School According to Elkhart County Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Bradberry, police responded to Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, Wednesday at 6:51 p.m. to a suspicious bottle that was found on the south side of the high school.
- Man pleads guilty to assault with knife Andrew Adkins, 26, Goshen, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of battery by means of a deadly weapon, a Class C felony. According to a statement from the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office, Adkins was scheduled for trial Tuesday in Elkhart Superio
- One killed, one hurt in separate wrecks One person was killed and another badly injured in two unrelated crashes in Elkhart and Noble counties over the weekend.
- CIRCUIT COURT: Elkhart's Rushlow sentenced to 58 years for attempted murder GOSHEN — An Elkhart man was sentenced to 58 years in prison after a jury convicted him of attempted murder last month. Nicholas A. Rushlow, 32, Elkhart, was charged with felony attempted murder and felony criminal recklessness when his case went to t
Police: Warsaw man broke into funeral home for children's DVDs
A Warsaw man was arrested after police said they found him crawling out of a broken window at Mishler Funeral Home in Milford Tuesday morning.
Fiery crash reported near Topeka
LaGrange County 911 dispatchers received a call at 2:50 p.m. Thursday of a two-vehicle crash at 6765 W. 300 South near Topeka stating the vehicles were on fire.
- Burglary suspect arrested within minutes Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department apprehended a burglary suspect Wednesday morning, just north of Leesburg, within 12 minutes of the crime.
- More Police News Headlines