Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
A man was injured in a snowmobile crash in the 5500 block of East Baseline Road in Noble County Thursday.
Christopher W. Hackman, 57, was working on a 1999 Polaris 500 Indy Trail snowmobile in his garage when he started the vehicle while sitting on it, according to Indiana Department of Natural Resources officers. The snowmobile throttle stuck open, the DNR reported causing the snowmobile to accelerate out of the garage and travel approximately 100 yards to the northeast, where it struck a small tree head-on.
Hackman was thrown from the snowmobile upon impact, and he was treated on scene by Noble County EMS for a leg injury. He was transported to Parkview Regional Medical in Fort Wayne for further treatment.
• Avangela Jones, 43, 720 W. Pike St., Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested after allegedly shoplifting from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• A burglary from Pleasant View Mennonite Church, 58529 C.R. 23, was reported to Elkhart County police. The burglary happened sometime between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 7:57 a.m. Wednesday, according to Elkhart County police. Church personnel reported $421 missing from an office.
• A 39-year-old man reported a male pointing a firearm at him after an altercation at the American Legion post 484, 103 Washington St., Millersburg, around 12:25 a.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police. Charges are pending at this time.
• Goshen police said Hugo Cortes-Sanchez, 36, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of never obtaining a driver’s license after he was a driver involved in a property damage crash at Elkhart and Greene roads around 2:41 p.m. Wednesday.
• Elkhart County police arrested a Bristol driver after a traffic stop around 2:20 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 33 southeast of Sunnyside Ave.
Ben D. Mausar III, 19, Bristol, was arrested on charges of maintaining a common nuisance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kaitlin Neal, 20, no address given, was cited and released on charges of possession of marijuana and visiting a common nuisance. Two boys ages 16 and 17 were cited charges of possession of a controlled substance and visiting a common nuisance, and a 17-year-old girl on a charge of visiting a common nuisance. All the minors were released to guardians.
Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
- Police News
- Burglary suspect arrested within minutes Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department apprehended a burglary suspect Wednesday morning, just north of Leesburg, within 12 minutes of the crime.
- 2 Elkhart County work release escapees reported Two Goshen men have been listed as escapees from the Elkhart County Work Release Center in Goshen.Elkhart County police reported Tuesday that John A. Eller, 48, was reported as an escapee at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Thomas M. Moser, 35, was reported as an
- Two drivers injured in crash A collision Monday injured two drivers in Goshen, according to Goshen police.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
- More Police News Headlines