Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
A man was injured in a snowmobile crash in the 5500 block of East Baseline Road in Noble County Thursday.
Christopher W. Hackman, 57, was working on a 1999 Polaris 500 Indy Trail snowmobile in his garage when he started the vehicle while sitting on it, according to Indiana Department of Natural Resources officers. The snowmobile throttle stuck open, the DNR reported causing the snowmobile to accelerate out of the garage and travel approximately 100 yards to the northeast, where it struck a small tree head-on.
Hackman was thrown from the snowmobile upon impact, and he was treated on scene by Noble County EMS for a leg injury. He was transported to Parkview Regional Medical in Fort Wayne for further treatment.
• Avangela Jones, 43, 720 W. Pike St., Apt. A, Goshen, was arrested after allegedly shoplifting from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, according to Goshen police.
• A burglary from Pleasant View Mennonite Church, 58529 C.R. 23, was reported to Elkhart County police. The burglary happened sometime between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 7:57 a.m. Wednesday, according to Elkhart County police. Church personnel reported $421 missing from an office.
• A 39-year-old man reported a male pointing a firearm at him after an altercation at the American Legion post 484, 103 Washington St., Millersburg, around 12:25 a.m. Thursday, according to Elkhart County police. Charges are pending at this time.
• Goshen police said Hugo Cortes-Sanchez, 36, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of never obtaining a driver’s license after he was a driver involved in a property damage crash at Elkhart and Greene roads around 2:41 p.m. Wednesday.
• Elkhart County police arrested a Bristol driver after a traffic stop around 2:20 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 33 southeast of Sunnyside Ave.
Ben D. Mausar III, 19, Bristol, was arrested on charges of maintaining a common nuisance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kaitlin Neal, 20, no address given, was cited and released on charges of possession of marijuana and visiting a common nuisance. Two boys ages 16 and 17 were cited charges of possession of a controlled substance and visiting a common nuisance, and a 17-year-old girl on a charge of visiting a common nuisance. All the minors were released to guardians.
Noble County man hurt in snowmobile crash
- Police News
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Meth lab found in Middlebury
Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Middlebury police went to a residence in Crystal Valley Mobile Home Park, 206 York Drive, around 12:30 p.m. regarding a possible lab, according to town Police Chief Mike McCloughen.
Man pleads guilty in Twin Pines home invasion
One of the men charged in connection with a November home invasion in Goshen has pleaded guilty to the crime.
Antoine A. McDuffie, 21, Elkhart, pleaded guilty in Elkhart Circuit Court Monday to Class B felony charges of armed robbery, burglary, criminal confinement and conspiracy to commit burglary.
- Goshen man held on drug-making charge David McNeal, 45, of 16 Roxbury Park, was arrested on a charge of manufacturing methamphetamine following a traffic stop near the intersection of Elkhart and Reliance roads in Goshen Saturday at 9:23 a.m. Police reported he was in possession of ingre
- One jailed after Ind. 15 wreck A Ligonier man was arrested after a one-vehicle crash just south of Goshen Wednesday night.
Man who robbed Bristol bank sentenced
A South Bend man has been sentenced for robbing a Bristol bank as well as a bank in Edwardsburg, Mich., last year.
Darius Witherspoon, 21, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in South Bend this week to nearly 13 years in prison with three years of supervised release.
- One hurt in Wednesday wreck Several motorists were injured in recent crashes responded to by local police:
- More Police News Headlines
- UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash