THE GOSHEN NEWS
Elkhart County Sheriff Department deputies and detectives responded to a shooting at 52076 Brookstream Circle Apt. O in Elkhart at approximately 7:40 p.m. Saturday.
Officers found Sean Smith, 22, with a gunshot wound upon their arrival, according to a press release.
The victim was transported to an area hospital and the condition is unknown at the time.
The investigation is ongoing and there is no further information at this time. Anyone with information about this shooting or the suspect(s) who was involved in the shooting should contact the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department at (574) 533-4151.
damaged by fire
The Elkhart Fire Department responded to a call of heavy smoke coming from the first floor at the home of Dan and Connie Gagax, 1308 Magnolia Ave., Elkhart at approximately 8:41 a.m. Saturday.
The smoke was coming from the rear southeast corner when crews arrived. After entry, crews made their way to the master bedroom that was engulfed with flames and had it under control in a short time.
There was approximately 75 to 80 percent damage on the structure, firefighters said.
One firefighter was treated for a minor injury.
• Thomas R. Marchand, 30, 15869 Isaac Drive, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of theft at Wal-Mart, 2304 Lincolnway East by Goshen police at 3:41 Saturday. Marchand was released on a court date.
• Kimberly Cooper of Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone struck her daughter’s car with another vehicle while it was parked at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at approximately 4:07 p.m. Saturday.
• Claribell Cervantes, 197 Winchester Trails, Goshen, told Goshen police someone knocked over Christmas yard ornaments at her residence at approximately 10:18 p.m. Saturday.
• Cristian Ramos, 23, 302 Stone Drive, Apt. B, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 4:06 p.m. Saturday on a charge of operating a vehicle while never obtaining a valid driver’s license. Ramos was stopped in the area of Center and Eighth streets for improperly displaying her vehicle’s license plate. Ramos was released on the scene with a promise to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• Francisco Ochoa-Valles, 39, 1307 S. 14th St., Goshen was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while being an habitual traffic violater in the 300 block of South Eighth St. at 9:31 p.m. Saturday. Ochoa-Valles was transported to the Elkhart County Jail. He was stopped for improper headlights.