THE GOSHEN NEWS
Several people were hurt in recent automobile-related crashes investigated by Goshen police:
• A driver was hurt in a one-vehicle crash around 11:54 p.m. Saturday on Ind. 15 south of Mill Street.
Goshen police said a 2006 Honda Civic driven by Ashley L. Miller, 21, Goshen, went off the side of the road and struck a sign post and street light. The vehicle overturned and came to rest on its top.
Miller suffered bruising as a result of the collision.
• A two-vehicle crash left two people hurt Friday at Ind. 15 and Monroe Street.
The collision occurred around 9:46 a.m. A 2003 Cadillac CTS driven by Bruce G. Barger, 59, Goshen, collided with a 2001 Ford Focus driven by Margaret Ramirez, 35, Goshen.
Ramirez was hurt in the crash, and a passenger in her vehicle, Natalia Contreras, 12, Goshen, suffered minor facial bleeding, police said.
• A motorcyclist was hurt in a crash Friday on College Avenue east of 16th Street.
The mishap occurred at 3:41 p.m. Goshen police said Ricardo Hernandez, 59, Goshen, laid down his 2008 Suzuki motorcycle. Hernandez suffered a left knee injury and was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• A two-vehicle crash injured a driver Friday at 11:53 a.m. at U.S. 33 and Greene Road.
Goshen police said a 1996 Dodge Dakota driven by Charles S. Goldsmith, 32, Elkhart, struck the rear of a 1998 Toyota 4Runner driven by Eric Hooley, 56 Goshen.
Hooley suffered neck pain as a result of the crash.
• A bicyclist was hurt in a collision around 1:52 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Lincoln Avenue.
Goshen police said Matthew S. Nichols, 33, Goshen, was driving out of Linway Plaza in a 2011 Volkswagen JSS. The automobile collided with bicyclist Marvin M. Rush, 42, Goshen, who was headed west on the sidewalk.
Rush suffered left wrist and left ankle pain. He was taken to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• Amos Zimmerman told Elkhart County police that his business, Zimmerman Greenhouse, 65417 C.R. 11, Goshen, was burglarized Thursday between 10:15 and 10:30 p.m. The two burglars fled the scene in a white pickup truck. According to the police report, the suspects stole a cash register that didn’t contain any currency.
• Tammy Stewart, 53267 Pine Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone entered her residence when she and her husband weren’t home between Wednesday and Saturday. Clothing, hygiene products and a DVD player were taken.
• Lois Burkhead Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole $15 from her purse Friday at Courtyard Health Care, 2400 College Ave.
• Robert Bailey told Goshen police someone broke into his home at 321 S. Ninth St. Saturday and took his prescription medication.
• Juan Alcantara-Garcia, 137 Watertower Court, told Goshen police Sunday that someone had burglarized the shed behind his home during the nighttime hours.
• Susan M. Cortes told Goshen police someone tried to break into her Alpine Fir Lane apartment between 1 and 3 p.m. Sunday.
• An employee at the Marathon gas station at 65615 Ind. 15, told Elkhart County police a motorist pumped $93.58 worth of gasoline into his vehicle and drove off without paying at 6:19 a.m. Friday.
• Raul Perez, 2713 Evergreen Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police two cell phones were stolen from his porch between noon and 5 p.m. Thursday.
• Dean Yoder, 1612 W. Clinton St., Goshen, told Goshen police he had property stolen from his home Feb. 1.
• Amy Harty, Goshen, told Goshen police her cell phone was stolen while she was at Omni-Source, 812 Logan St., Goshen, at 11:05 a.m. Monday.
• Kristofer Stowe, 413 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police he had several checks stolen from out of his vehicle while it was parked at his residence at 9 p.m. Sunday.
• David Haesliger, 33, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his debit card number in Miami, Fla., June 23 to make a purchase totaling $35.31.
• Holly Cogburn, 27, Cortez, Colo., was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of domestic battery after allegedly assaulting her husband at 14583 Ind. 120, Bristol, Saturday evening.
• April Hang, 27, 17313 C.R. 8, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 7:25 a.m. Monday at her residence on a charge of domestic battery in the presence of a child. She was booked into the county jail.
• A staffer with The Maples at Waterford Crossing told Goshen police she was the victim of a battery by a resident of the facility while performing the responsibilities of her job at 9:15 a.m. Friday.
• Savoeun Sam, 45, 1605 Westmoor Parkway, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 1:41 a.m. Tuesday at his residence on a charge of domestic battery. He was booked into the county jail.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Bryan Knight, 49, Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Sunday while it was parked in the 100 block of North Main Street.
• A Goshen park department employee told Goshen police Sunday that someone had damaged the picnic tables at Walnut Park.
• Goshen police received a report at 5 p.m. Friday that the basement door of the Elkhart County Clubhouse, 114 N. Fifth St., Goshen, had been damaged.
• Marco Mingucha, 309 Queen St., Goshen, told Goshen police the windows of his vehicle were broken out while parked at his residence at 3:25 a.m. Tuesday.
• Juan Fuentes-Rivera, 22, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:05 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Old C.R. 17 and C.R. 30, Goshen, on a charge of driving a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. He was booked into the county jail.
• Rodolfo Aguilar, 21, 50 Brookside Manor, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:07 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Bashor and Elkhart roads on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was booked into the county jail.
• Juan Garcia Aguilera, 18, and Jonathan Chiquito Orozco, 18, were both arrested by Elkhart County police at 10:45 p.m. Friday while at 735 Broadmore Estates, Goshen, on charges of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage. They were released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Elkhart County police reported that a 23-year-old male was found to be in possession of synthetic marijuana at 12:15 a.m. Saturday while at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen. A case of possession of synthetic marijuana was filed for the incident.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Edgar A. Salazar, 17, 207 W. Wilkinson, Goshen, was stopped by Goshen police at 4:43 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of West Oakridge Avenue. Goshen police said he had a breath alcohol concentration of 0.18 percent. He was released to a parent.
• Brock Henderson, 21, 57275 C.R. 29, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 3:04 a.m. Saturday in the area of Ind. 13 and Ind. 4, Goshen, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.