THE GOSHEN NEWS
A bomb threat called in to the Elkhart County 911 center resulted in a lockdown and search Friday morning at the county courthouse in Goshen.
County and Goshen police searched the grounds and interior of the courthouse after the call was received at 8:39 a.m. No device was found.
Police are investigating and said anyone convicted of such a crime could be sentenced to three years in prison.
Car stolen, teens arrested
Phillip Kilmer, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone stole his blue 2005 Chrysler 300 from his workplace at 924 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Thursday. The vehicle was later recovered. A 16-year-old male was arrested on charges of auto theft, leaving the scene of an accident and operation of a motor vehicle without a driver’s license. A 17-year-old female was arrested on charges of auto theft and theft, according to police.
• Employees at Kinro told Goshen police someone took aluminum from their plant Thursday.
• Christina Mauck, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone took items from her without permission Tuesday.
• Employees at B and B Storage, 2023 Eisenhower Drive North, Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered two storage units between 6 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday.
• Edith Hernandez, 818 Colonial Manor Drive, Goshen, reported to Goshen police someone gained entry to her home and took numerous electronics at approximately 8:15 a.m. Thursday.
• Kristy Zickefoose, of Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole her son’s blue and white BMX bicycle at approximately 7:10 a.m. Thursday.
• A Goshen Middle School student was accused of making threats on the school bus at approximately 3:45 p.m. Thursday, according to Goshen police.