THE GOSHEN NEWS
A driver was injured after a deer ran into the roadway at Ind. 120, west of C.R. 29 at 8:50 p.m. Friday. According to Elkhart County police, a 2007 Buick LaCrosse driven by Karen Helmlinger, 70, Elkhart, hit a deer.
She was transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of back and neck pain.
Phone scam reported
Robert Pfeil, Goshen, told Goshen police of a possible phone scam at 11:30 a.m. Friday.
A reported collection type company informed him that he was the co-signer of a loan for a person he does not know. They advised Pfeil they would settle for $5,200. Pfeil said he did not co-sign a loan for anyone and was advised he would be sent a packet to appear in court. A Goshen police officer called the number and after identifying himself as a police officer, the person on the other end hung up the phone.
• Randy Richards, 1013 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole money from his residence at 9:43 p.m. Friday.
• Sarah Jernigan, 21, 719 E. Jefferson, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 11:08 p.m. Friday. She was released on a promise to appear in the Goshen City Court.
• Brenda S. Yost, 813 S. Fifteenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone painted graffiti on their garage at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Michael Thomas, 30, Goshen, told Goshen police he had been battered at 501 E. Madison St., Goshen, at 4:06 a.m. Saturday. He was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for a laceration on his face. Due to his alleged intoxication, police said he was unable to advise where he had been battered and the case is under investigation.
• Adam Derstine, Goshen, told Goshen police someone knocked over a grill in his backyard at 211 S. Seventh Street at 1:16 a.m. Saturday. There was no damage to the grill.
• James Miller, 24, Bristol, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of operating a vehicle while being a habitual traffic violator with a 10-year suspension and for possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop in the 800 block of N. Sixth St., Goshen, at 6:57 p.m. Friday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.