THE GOSHEN NEWS
Police arrested a Goshen man Thursday following an alleged rape in Syracuse.
On Aug. 17, Syracuse police received a report that a 39-year-old woman had been raped at a home in the town. Police Chief Anthony Ciriello said the investigation yielded a suspect.
A warrant was issued Thursday for Jonathon Hulley, 34, Goshen. Hulley was arrested on a Class B felony rape charge and a Class D felony charge of sexual battery. He was incarcerated in the Kosciusko County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Several recent thefts, burglaries and attempted scams were reported to local police:
• Danny Ratcliff, 13 Roxbury Park, told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his home and stole cash and several other items.
• Daniel Emery of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone used his debit card information without permission Saturday and charged $116.66.
• Jenny Howland of Goshen told Elkhart County police someone made unauthorized charges using her credit card between 11:04 a.m. Aug. 21 and 11:04 p.m. Sunday.
• Alis Stutsman of Goshen told Elkhart County police that at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, someone made two unauthorized charges using her debit card.
• Billie Campbell of Goshen told city police someone called her over the phone Wednesday and attempted to get funds from her bank account.
• Jerome Miller, 401 W. Wilkinson St., told Goshen police Wednesday that someone stole an American flag and a pole from in front of his residence.
• Tammy Casaletto of Goshen told city police Wednesday that someone stole her lawnmower at 618 S. Third St.
• Dion Rigsby of New Paris reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Wednesday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at The Oasis, 702 W. Lincoln Ave.
Goshen police were sent to Dutch Park Homes, 2249 Lincolnway East, Tuesday after a fired worker reportedly made threats to possibly return and do harm to employees and property. Police said an attempt to locate the individual was unsuccessful.
• Goshen High School officials told Goshen police a battery took place at the school Wednesday morning. A girl was arrested on a battery charge and released to a parent.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Nathan East told Elkhart County police someone damaged his mailbox at 5787 C.R. 23, Goshen. The vandalism took place between around 10 p.m. Aug. 23 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 24.