Driver critically injured in crash
A 45-year-old man was airlifted in critical condition after a vehicle crash Friday night southeast of Syracuse.
The crash took place around 6 p.m. Kosciusko County police said a pick-up truck driven by Javiar Lopez, 45, Cromwell, was headed south on C.R. 1000 East. The driver of a vehicle stopped at C.R. 1050 North pulled out into the path of Lopez’s truck.
Police said Lopez tried to swerve to avoid a collision with the other vehicle. His truck went off the east side of C.R. 1000 East and rolled over, striking a utility pole. Lopez was ejected.
Police said Lopez was airlifted from the scene by Samaritan helicopter to Parkview Regional Medical Center, Fort Wayne, with head and leg injuries. Lopez’s front-seat passenger, Miguel Sanchez, 30, Syracuse, was airlifted to Parkview with serious leg injuries.
Witnesses told police the driver of the other vehicle left the scene shortly after the pick-up truck crashed.
Lopez was listed in serious condition Saturday night at Parkview, and Sanchez was listed in fair condition.
Goshen police were called to the 2100 block of Sheridan Drive around 8 a.m. Friday regarding a loose dog that was acting aggressively. The animal was captured and taken to the Elkhart County Humane Society facility. The dog’s owner was issued a written warning for violating Goshen’s loose dog ordinance.
• Susan Guipe of Goshen told city police Friday that someone stole her mother-in-law’s yard ornament, a copper/brass eagle weathervane, from her back yard at 412 S. Sixth St.
• Vicki Bolen, 53, 507 W. Countyline Road, Lot 1, Wolcottville, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, on charges of theft and battery Friday. Bolen was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police responded to a burglary alarm at Monteith Tire, 1021 N. Greene Road, around 11:21 p.m. Friday. Police said someone had forced entry into the building, which was found to be empty when officers searched it.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Lori Atkinson told Goshen police someone punctured a rear tire on her vehicle early Friday morning. The vandalism took place at 217 Tanglewood Drive.
Driver critically injured in crash
- Police News
Person injured in fall at Goshen business
Someone has been injured in a fall at Hoosier Interior Doors along Goshen’s East Lincoln Avenue.
- Police News; April 24, 2014 Goshen police is one of several law enforcement agencies seeking the public’s assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in numerous thefts from retails stores throughout the state.
- SLIDESHOW: Police need help ID'ing suspects The Goshen Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying suspects wanted for questioning in relation to a number of thefts from retail stores throughout Indiana. The four individuals have stolen over $25,000 worth of merchandise, according to law enforcement. The men are believed to be African-American and have been seen fleeing in a white Dodge Ram or another white pickup truck with a white cap which may have Florida license plates. Anyone with information is asked to call the Goshen Police Department at 574-533-8661 or Michiana CrimeStoppers at 800-342-STOP.
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- More Police News Headlines
- Person injured in fall at Goshen business