Driver critically injured in crash
A 45-year-old man was airlifted in critical condition after a vehicle crash Friday night southeast of Syracuse.
The crash took place around 6 p.m. Kosciusko County police said a pick-up truck driven by Javiar Lopez, 45, Cromwell, was headed south on C.R. 1000 East. The driver of a vehicle stopped at C.R. 1050 North pulled out into the path of Lopez’s truck.
Police said Lopez tried to swerve to avoid a collision with the other vehicle. His truck went off the east side of C.R. 1000 East and rolled over, striking a utility pole. Lopez was ejected.
Police said Lopez was airlifted from the scene by Samaritan helicopter to Parkview Regional Medical Center, Fort Wayne, with head and leg injuries. Lopez’s front-seat passenger, Miguel Sanchez, 30, Syracuse, was airlifted to Parkview with serious leg injuries.
Witnesses told police the driver of the other vehicle left the scene shortly after the pick-up truck crashed.
Lopez was listed in serious condition Saturday night at Parkview, and Sanchez was listed in fair condition.
Goshen police were called to the 2100 block of Sheridan Drive around 8 a.m. Friday regarding a loose dog that was acting aggressively. The animal was captured and taken to the Elkhart County Humane Society facility. The dog’s owner was issued a written warning for violating Goshen’s loose dog ordinance.
• Susan Guipe of Goshen told city police Friday that someone stole her mother-in-law’s yard ornament, a copper/brass eagle weathervane, from her back yard at 412 S. Sixth St.
• Vicki Bolen, 53, 507 W. Countyline Road, Lot 1, Wolcottville, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, on charges of theft and battery Friday. Bolen was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Goshen police responded to a burglary alarm at Monteith Tire, 1021 N. Greene Road, around 11:21 p.m. Friday. Police said someone had forced entry into the building, which was found to be empty when officers searched it.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Lori Atkinson told Goshen police someone punctured a rear tire on her vehicle early Friday morning. The vandalism took place at 217 Tanglewood Drive.
Driver critically injured in crash
- Police News
- Driver jailed for drunk driving after early-morning wreck Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early Sunday morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
UPDATE: Four people injured in four-vehicle U.S. 20 crash
A four-vehicle crash injured four people north of Goshen Sunday afternoon. Police said one of the drivers involved suffered life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 21.
UPDATE: Westview crash victim in critical condition
A Westview High School student remained hospitalized in critical condition today following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition this afternoon.
Three people hurt in crash, driver arrested
Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early this morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Crash reported north of Goshen
Injuries have been reported in a traffic collision that happened north of Goshen earlier this afternoon.
- Several burglaries reported in Goshen Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported in Goshen, according to city police:
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- More Police News Headlines