THE GOSHEN NEWS
An Edwardsburg woman was hospitalized following a two-vehicle crash on C.R. 7, just south of Edwards Road north of Elkhart Thursday at 3:26 p.m.
According to Elkhart county police, A 2000 Dodge Dakota driven by Jessie Magallon, 19, South Bend, was traveling south on C.R. 7, south of Edwards Road behind a 2005 Nissan Quest driven by Linda Thomas, 76, Edwardsburg, Mich. when a vehicle pulled out in front of Thomas’ vehicle. Police said Magallon’s car could not stop in time and struck the back of Thomas’ vehicle.
Police said Thomas was transported to Elkhart General Hospital with back and head pain. Magallon was cited for following to closely and driving while her license was suspended.
• A 2006 Ford 500 driven by Jennifer New, 31, Elkhart, was traveling west on the St. Joseph Valley Parkway east of C.R. 9 when for unknown reasons the vehicle left the north said of the roadway, struck a metal guard rail, rolled and landed on its top on an embankment, according to Elkhart County police. New was transported to South Bend Memorial hospital by ambulance for treatment of lacerations to her foot and complete body pain.
• Goshen College told Goshen police a shed at the school’s soccer field was burglarized between Thursday and Saturday.
• Goshen police were called to 316 E. Washington St., Goshen and found several juveniles who made entry into the empty front apartment at that address. Three juvenile males, a 17-year-old from Goshen, a 16-year-old from Elkhart and a 14-year-old from Edwardsburg, Mich., were arrested on charges of criminal trespass and the 17-year-old received an additional charge of theft. All three were released to parents or guardians.
• Jose Daniel Bocanegra-Garcia, 25, Elkhart, was arrested on a charge of theft at Kohl’s, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen, Saturday around 2:48 p.m. He was transported to the Elkhart County Jail.
• Yesenia Fraire-Sillias, Goshen reported a theft from June 29 to Goshen police Saturday at 2626 Peddler’s Village Road.
• Lauren Hawkins, Nappanee, told Goshen police that several items were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in the 1300 block of Waterford Crossing Sunday around 1:30 a.m.
• Sandra Rodriguez, 2333 Edward Drive told Goshen police her wallet was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked on Main Street in Elkhart around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Sheldon Birdsall, Goshen, told Goshen police Saturday there was fraudulent activity on his credit card on July 25.
• Donna Berkey told Goshen police her 11-year-old son was battered by an unknown male juvenile in the 400 block of Arbor Court Saturday around 8:30 p.m. The victim was treated at IU Health Goshen Hospital for paid in his left thumb.
Fight ends party
• Goshen police were called to Hernandez Party Center, 2408 Eisenhower Drive North, Goshen, Sunday around 12:15 a.m. in response to a large fight in progress. Security personnel and patrons reported a fight had taken place inside the building but had ended before officers arrived. There no reports of injuries and no suspects identified, police terminated the party and stayed until all patrons departed.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A Goshen Parks Department employee told Goshen police Saturday that a door at Schrock Pavilion at Shanklin Park, 411 Plymouth Ave., was damaged during the overnight hours Friday.
• Kierra Brown, Goshen, told Goshen police someone scratched her 2007 Ford Edge during the overnight hours Saturday outside her apartment at 4364 Conifer Lane, Elkhart.
• Noel Nunez-Diaz, 19, 106 Vinson Court, Goshen and Kevin Ramirez-Sanchez, 19, 424 E. Jefferson St. Apt. 4, Goshen, were arrested on charges of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage, criminal mischief and Ramirez-Sanchez was also charged with possession of a false identification card Saturday at 11:10 p.m. after they were found behind 2400 Eisenhower Drive North, Goshen.
• Jose G. Guevara-Luevano, 1313 S. 11th St. Goshen was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in the 1100 block of east Plymouth Ave., Goshen at 1:32 a.m. Sunday.