LaGrange County police are looking for a woman they say was abducted Wednesday evening.
Police said Jennifer Lee Bitzel, 28, of Peru, was last seen around 10:30 p.m. at a home in the 3000 block of C.R. 600 East in LaGrange County.
Bitzel was reportedly the victim of an extensive battery at the residence. Police said she was then forcefully removed from the home by a man who reportedly made death threats to Bitzel before forcing her into a silver, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix four-door. The vehicle, which has tinted windows and a sunroof, has the Indiana registration number 543AIB.
Bitzel’s two young children were left behind at the residence, police reported. Bitzel has not been seen or heard from since the abduction.
Police said Bitzel has been known to recently stay at local low-cost motels in northern Indiana.
Wanted for questioning is Steven Gail Gose, 43. He’s a white male, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing around 175 pounds. Gose has blue eyes and sandy brown hair.
Gose is believed to be armed and dangerous. Police urged the public not to approach the vehicle or the people involved if they spot them.
Anyone with information about the abduction is asked to contact the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department at 260-463-7491 or 911.
• Goshen Parks Department employee Frank Shula reported the theft of a money bag containing $60 to Goshen police Wednesday. The theft occurred at 607 W. Plymouth Ave. The bag was possibly taken from a vehicle.
• Samuel Richardson, 607 S. Third St., told Goshen police Wednesday that someone entered his garage during the night and took several items.
• David Krabill told Goshen police Wednesday that someone made a fraudulent purchase from his business, A.V. Tech.
• Luis Freddy Amparo of Goshen told city police Wednesday that somebody took a compact disc player face plate and a spare tire from his vehicle while it was parked at Lippert Components, 2703 College Ave.
• Morgan Flora of Goshen told city police Wednesday that someone burglarized the garage at 806 S. Eighth St. Someone broke in and took several items.
• Someone stole a cell phone from the Verizon store, 301 S. Main St., Goshen, between 3 and 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to a Goshen police report.
• Monica Wright, 201 S. 28th St., told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into her home. Wright told police nothing appeared to be missing.
• Frederick Welker, 472 Broadmore Estates, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone entered his residence through a door that had been locked between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday. Nothing in the home appeared to be missing, according to the police report.
• Melissa Becker, 66140 C.R. 27, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone took items from her 2013 Honda Pilot. The theft occurred while the vehicle was in her garage.
Information was received by Goshen police Wednesday regarding a possible inappropriate relationship between an adult and a juvenile. A police report lists a date of the incident as Aug. 10, 2012. The case is being investigated.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• William Flora, 28, 1807 Westplains Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police Wednesday on a charge of criminal mischief. Flora allegedly damaged the front door of his neighbor’s residence. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Ann M. Jones, 19901 C.R. 14, Bristol, told Elkhart County police that someone shot two of the windows of her home with a pellet gun. The vandalism took place between noon Sept. 9 and noon Sunday.