Several people were injured in recent traffic crashes responded to by Goshen police:
• A driver was hurt in a two-vehicle collision Thursday morning on West Pike Street.
The crash occurred around 7:16 a.m. Police said a 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier driven by Donna K. Meikle, 18, Goshen, rear-ended a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse driven by Ellen Simons, 29, Bristol.
Meikle suffered head and neck pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
• A mo-ped rider was hurt in a two-vehicle crash Thursday in the lot at 2001 Lincolnway East.
The mishap occurred around 5:10 a.m. A 2008 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Keith A. Wilfong, 46, Howe, collided with a mo-ped ridden by Roy Cantu, 50, Goshen.
Cantu suffered arm pain as a result of the collision. Police said Cantu was headed the wrong way on a one-way route.
• A two-vehicle collision at U.S. 33 and Old C.R. 17 Tuesday injured a driver.
The crash occurred around 3:39 p.m. Goshen police said a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Jeanna M. Archer, 43, Elkhart, collided with a 2012 Kia Optima driven by Aimee N. Neff, 43, Warsaw.
Neff suffered abdominal pain as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital. Police reported that Archer failed to yield.
• Cody Stanley, 202 Crescent St., Goshen, told Goshen police Thursday that sometime during the night, someone entered his home and took his Playstation 3, games, controllers and a laptop.
• Staff at Lippert Components, 3152 Skyview Road, Goshen, told city police Thursday that someone stole extension cords and welding leads from the business.
• Goshen police were called to Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday regarding a theft that had just occurred. Police said Elizabeth Ann Kline, 52, Goshen, was arrested at 1101 W. Lincoln Ave., where the stolen property was recovered. Kline was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Helen Hoekstra, 209 E. Douglas St., Goshen, told city police Thursday that sometime over the prior two days, someone took items from her unlocked garage.
• Goshen police arrested a 16-year-old girl Thursday night at Martins supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, after she tried to shoplift mascara. The girl was released to a parent.
• Mindi Swihart of Goshen told Elkhart County police Monday that someone made $191.96 in unauthorized transactions on her Interra Credit Union banking account.
• Linda Urquiza of Merceds, Texas, told Elkhart County police Tuesday that someone used her personal information to gain employment in New Paris.
• Lori Cox told LaGrange County police Sept. 7 that her bicycle was stolen at 9120 W. 770 North, Middlebury.
• Lynda Salisbury and Joshua Hickman, both of Goshen, reported thefts from their vehicles to Goshen police Wednesday. The vehicles were parked in the area of Lincoln Avenue and Sixth Street when the thefts occurred.
• Benjamin Cooper of Goshen told city police Wednesday that someone stole a scooter and damaged another at 604 River Ave.
• Elvira Robles-Poblana, 418 Wilden Ave., told Goshen police someone took two tires from her yard Wednesday.
• Jose De Jesus Escobedo-Zamora, 37, 89 Brookside Manor, Goshen, was arrested after a traffic stop around 2 a.m. Thursday on C.R. 17 south of Ind. 120, Elkhart. He was jailed on a charge of having counterfeit government-issue identification.
Drug arrests, incidents
• Steven Friend Jr., 25, 311 S. 10th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2 a.m. Friday in the 1800 block of College Avenue. He was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and taken to the Elkhart County jail.
• Edwin W. Stephenson, 29, 228 Winchester Trails, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 5:18 a.m. Friday near Eighth and Middlebury streets. He was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia and released with a date to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Matthew Paul Frye, 0520 S. 250 West, LaGrange, was arrested at his home Sept. 5 by police with a warrant. He was arrested on charges of possession of synthetic drugs and paraphernalia, and on a warrant out of Noble County. Officers from Indiana State Police and LaGrange County and LaGrange town police were involved in the arrest.
• An employee with the Elkhart County Highway Department told county police he’d found the remnants of a methamphetamine lab Wednesday along C.R. 7, north of C.R. 40.
• Jose Gonzalez, 61, Milford, was indicted by a federal grand jury in South Bend this week. Gonzalez has been charged with one count of intent to deliver a controlled substance and one count of distribution of a controlled substance. The charges were filed as a result of an investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Susan Whatley, 1008 S. 11th St., Goshen, told Goshen police Thursday that someone damaged four tires on her 1997 Saturn while it was parked outside her home.
• Sheryl Lau of Elkhart told Goshen police Thursday that someone cut the tires on her vehicle while it was parked at 200 W. High Park Drive.
• Staff at Goshen Buick GMC Hyundai, 3220 Elkhart Road, told city police Wednesday that someone damaged the paint on two new vehicles in the sales lot during the overnight hours.
• Goshen police were called to the 700 block of South Indiana Avenue Wednesday shortly after 4 p.m. regarding juveniles throwing rocks at signs and passing vehicles. Police spoke with the juveniles and told them not to throw rocks. A request was filled out for extra patrol at the time students are getting out of school.
• Kelsey Doutlick, 24, 3015 Peddlers Village Road, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 7 p.m. Thursday at Main and Pike streets in Goshen. Doutlick was incarcerated on a charge of driving while her driving privileges were suspended.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Kacey J. Otterbridge, 34, 1010 W. Cleveland, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police after he crashed his motorcycle on C.R. 36 east of U.S. 33 around 11:11 p.m. Thursday. Otterbridge suffered abrasions to his face and hands as a result of the crash, and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment. Police said he was arrested on a Class D felony OWI charge because he had a prior conviction for the same offense within the last five years.
Several people were injured in recent traffic crashes responded to by Goshen police:
- Police News
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
Goshen firefighters battle blaze at Brookside Manor
Goshen firefighters battled a blaze at a home in Brookside Manor Mobile Home Park this morning.
The residence is located along Orchid Avenue in the park on Goshen's northwest side.
- Police respond to report of stolen tools GOSHEN -- A man was taken to a mental health facility after police responded to threats he made to harm himself and others. Goshen police blocked off Fifth Street between Madison and Jefferson Friday afternoon. For public safety reasons, other resid
- More Police News Headlines