THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Goshen man convicted of four Class A felony counts of child molesting has been sentenced to prison.
Jose Bobby Rodriguez, 50, Aston Pines Drive, had earlier been found guilty by a jury in Elkhart Superior Court 3. Last week, Rodriguez was sentenced to 40 years in prison, according to electronic court documents. Prosecutors said he’d faced up to a 200-year term.
Rodriguez had been charged with molesting his stepdaughter. Rodriguez’s crimes against her began when the victim was 10 years old, according to prosecutors. The victim was 20 when she testified during the trial.
Rodriguez indicated he plans to appeal the sentence.
• A three-vehicle crash injured a motorcyclist Saturday at County Home Road and Ferndale Road in Goshen.
The collision occurred around 1:19 p.m. Goshen police said a 2005 Lexus RX330 driven by Sandra Ringenberg, 72, Elkhart, collided with a 2009 Kawasaki EX250 ridden by Cameron Nafziger, 21, Goshen. The motorcycle then slid into and partially underneath a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by David Peterson, 53, Goshen.
Police said Nafziger suffered a nearly severed toe due to the crash.
• A two-vehicle collision injured a driver north of Nappanee Tuesday.
The crash occurred around 6:38 p.m. at Ind. 19 and C.R. 50. Elkhart County police said a 2005 Chevrolet Express box van driven by Dawn Jaggers, 49, Syracuse, rear-ended a 1994 Skytrack lift truck driven by Randall Yoder, 58, Nappanee.
Police said Jaggers was trapped in the vehicle after the crash and was extricated by Nappanee firefighters. Jaggers suffered right ankle pain and a puncture to her left knee as a result of the crash and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
• Elkhart County police arrested a driver after a two-vehicle crash Monday at the intersection of U.S. 33 and C.R. 20.
The crash occurred around 10:30 p.m. Police said a 1997 Nissan Altima driven by Willie Luster, 51, Elkhart, collided with a 2013 Nissan Altima driven by Ryan Watts, 24, Elkhart.
After the mishap, Watts was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Watts suffered abrasions and blistering to his left wrist as a result of the crash, but refused medical treatment. Police said Luster was cited for driving without insurance.
• Russell Neitzke, 19543 C.R. 6, Bristol, told Elkhart County police that someone burglarized his home between 8:15 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. Someone forced open the front door of the home and stole televisions and other electronics.
• John Ward of Goshen told city police Monday that someone used his debit card number and made a $300 purchase at a Family Dollar in Detroit.
• Kara Hostettler of Goshen told city police Monday that someone stole her bicycle while it was parked at the Goshen College recreation center.
• Trinda Leach of East Washington Street told city police Monday that someone she didn’t know had entered her residence.
• Jo Ann Kincaid of Goshen told city police Monday that someone stole her purse at 1219 W. Clinton St.
• Nila J. Wilson told Goshen police some rings were stolen from her Friday at 1425 Greencroft Drive.
• Cris Torres, 608 S. Sixth St., told Goshen police Tuesday that someone stole two bikes from his detached garage.
Pot plants found
A resident in the 400 block of Post Road told Goshen police Monday that Roxbury maintenance staff found several plants believed to be marijuana growing near her home. Police said the plants were pulled and placed into evidence, pending destruction.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A Goshen Parks Department staffer told Goshen police Monday she’d found “years’ worth” of graffiti on the foot bridge connecting Shanklin and Mullet parks.
• Goshen police reported Monday that someone using a slingshot and machine nuts shot out two windows at King Arthur’s, 411 W. Plymouth Ave.
• Dawn R. Richardson, 42, Mishawaka, was arrested by Goshen police at 2218 Edward Drive on multiple charges Tuesday. Richardson was arrested on charges of leaving the scene of a property damage crash, disorderly conduct and resisting law enforcement. Richardson was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail. The crash reportedly occurred at Bashor Road and Colonial Manor Drive.
• Sheila Shively, 43, 1004 S. 14th St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 3:11 p.m. Tuesday at 14th and Jackson streets. She was arrested on a charge of possession of a controlled substance and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Woman sentenced on
A Goshen woman was recently sentenced in Elkhart Superior Court 3 for drug-related offenses.
Britney A. Arnett, 21, was sentenced to 30 years in the Indiana Department of Correction on two Class A felony counts of dealing methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of school property and two Class D felony counts of neglect of a dependent. In addition, she’ll serve five years on probation.
Arnett was given credit for 204 she’d been incarcerated.