THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Goshen driver was arrested after he allegedly left the scene of a two-vehicle crash Friday morning.
Goshen police reported that the collision occurred shortly before 5 a.m. at Eisenhower Drive and 15th Street. A 2005 Chevrolet Aveo driven by Ashley K. Eichel, 26, Elkhart, collided with a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon driven by Andy Reyes Llera, 25, 405 Arbor Court, Apt. 4, Goshen. Goshen police said Reyes failed to yield the right of way when he drove into the intersection.
Eichel suffered pain to her arm and chest as a result of the crash. She was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment and later released.
Llera reportedly left the scene of the collision, but was later found by police. He was arrested on charges of leaving the scene of a crash resulting in injury, and driving while his driving privileges were suspended because he was a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• A two-vehicle crash on Ind. 15 at New Paris Industrial Drive injured a motorist Wednesday morning.
The crash occurred at 7:12 a.m. Elkhart County police said a 2007 Ford four-door driven by Ashley Yoder, 26, Bremen, collided with the rear of a 2001 Plymouth four-door driven by Armando Vallin, 48, Warsaw.
Yoder suffered a bruise on her right forearm as a result of the crash. She was cited by police for following too closely.
• Goshen police and paramedics were called to the 1100 block of South 14th Street Tuesday after a juvenile jumped from a moving car around 1:30 p.m. The youth was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• George Harvey, 60, 614 E. South St., South Bend, was arrested by Goshen police on a theft charge Tuesday. Police said that around noon, Harvey selected two pairs of sunglasses from Boling Vision Center, 1615 Winsted Drive, and left the business without paying for them. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Jessie Pendleton, 23, 1910 W. Franklin St., Elkhart, was arrested after allegedly trying to shoplift items from Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, around 3 p.m. Tuesday. Pendleton was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Abigail Thomas, 19, 713 N. Sixth St., Elkhart, was arrested after allegedly trying to shoplift at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart, around 6:45 p.m. Tuesday. She was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Eric Yordy 215 Gra Roy Drive, told Goshen police Tuesday that someone took property from his vehicle sometime overnight while the vehicle was parked at his residence.
• Amber Bruns of Goshen told city police Tuesday that someone took her daughter’s bicycle from Roxbury Park.
• Dennie Pernell told Goshen police he saw two males trying to open the garage door at the neighboring property at 417 W. Wilden Ave. Tuesday morning. • Brett Goble, 19, 702 Middlebury St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a theft charge early Wednesday morning. Goble was reportedly caught by police shortly after midnight inside a Honda in the public parking lot off the 200 block of South Third Street. Police said Goble had taken a laptop computer from the vehicle. He was incarcerated.
A 16-year-old boy at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, made comments at the school Monday morning about harming a bus driver, according to an Elkhart County police report.
• A 16-year-old boy told Goshen police he was jumped by several people while he was walking home in the 500 block of North Eighth Street. The attack reportedly occurred shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday. The teen said he didn’t know the people who assaulted him.
• Cinthia Ordonez-Barreras, 27, 1818 E. Hively Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 10 a.m. Monday on U.S. 33 at Sunnyside Avenue. She was incarcerated on a charge of driving while never receiving a driver’s license.
• Jabier Serna-Flores, 34, 1230 Arborcrest Drive, Elkhart, was arrested after a traffic stop around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at C.R.s 13 and 45. Police said Serna-Flores was driving while never receiving a driver’s license. He was incarcerated.
• Ana P. Rizzo, 48, no address given, was cited by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop around 5 a.m. in the 600 block of West Pike Street, Goshen. Police said she was cited for driving while her driving privileges were suspended.