Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
• Crystal Wright, 18234 C.R. 22, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole jewelry and other items between June 1 and Tuesday.
• Kimberly Campbell, 57405 Horseshoe Court, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone took her cell phone July 1.
• Don Presser, 50920 C.R. 25, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone kicked through an entry door and stole handguns, jewelry and loose coins between 7:30 and 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
• Mervin Miller Sr., 68137 C.R. 23, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone entered his unlocked GMC van and stole a DVD player between midnight and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• Armando Loera, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to acquire services through two phone companies and a television provider June 30.
• Clinton Smith, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to obtain employment at 19498 C.R. 38, Goshen sometime July 29.
• Richard Pion told Elkhart County police someone stole a weed eater belonging to EA Technologies while he was doing yard work at 54910 Ind. 15 Wednesday.
• Jennifer Hernandez, 53586 C.R. 27 Lot 107, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone entered her unlocked Suburban and stole her wallet between 9 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6 a.m. Aug. 16.
• Elliott Lafoon, 1011 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized his home while he was away Wednesday.
• Jeanne M. Liechty, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle Wednesday.
• Employees at Key Bank, 707 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone cashed two counterfeit check at their location July 26.
• Tim Freese, Rochester, told Goshen police someone stole his cell phone while working at Benteler, 910 Eisenhower Drive S., Goshen, at 6:25 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sarah Deegan, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made an illegal transaction on her debit card July 20.
• Neil Graves, 303 Kansas Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole solar lights from his yard overnight Tuesday.
Found property reports
• John Jay Kupiers, 14284 C.R. 48, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police of finding a water meter type piping in a ditch near his residence Tuesday.
• A woman told Elkhart County police she was harassed by a coworker at Orchard View Elementary School, 56734 Northridge Drive, Middlebury on Monday.
Suspicious persons reports
• Goshen police were called to 902 N. Seventh St., Goshen, regarding people walking around a vacant house and taking photos of the house at 10:57 p.m. Wednesday. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anyone.
• Staff at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a resident damaged several items within the home at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Management of “The Window”, 223 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone placed a large amount of trash across the rear doors towards the alley early Aug. 7. This is the second time for this type of trash dumping in the last few months.
Battery reports and arrests
• Staff at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 15-year-old male punched another 15-year-old male numerous times at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Hector Luna, 37, 1018 Beaver Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at his residence on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a minor, criminal confinement and strangulation at 1:59 a.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• Employees at Elkhart County Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of allegedly finding marijuana in an inmate’s belongings at 2:10 p.m. Tuesday.
• Rickey Riley, 24, 426 1/2 N. Lexington St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charge of possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on C.R. 15, south of U.S. 33 at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. A passenger, Keenan McCullough, 18, was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was cited and released.
• Megan R. Bachman, 22, 15156 C.R. 22, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charges of possession of marijuana and driving under the influence during a traffic stop in the area of Ind. 13, south of C.R. 12 at 11:47 p.m. Tuesday. Bachman was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
- Police News
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
Police: Vehicle in fatal crash was traveling at more than 100 mph
Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man.
- More Police News Headlines
- Two men arrested at park on indecency charges