Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
• Crystal Wright, 18234 C.R. 22, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole jewelry and other items between June 1 and Tuesday.
• Kimberly Campbell, 57405 Horseshoe Court, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone took her cell phone July 1.
• Don Presser, 50920 C.R. 25, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone kicked through an entry door and stole handguns, jewelry and loose coins between 7:30 and 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
• Mervin Miller Sr., 68137 C.R. 23, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone entered his unlocked GMC van and stole a DVD player between midnight and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• Armando Loera, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to acquire services through two phone companies and a television provider June 30.
• Clinton Smith, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to obtain employment at 19498 C.R. 38, Goshen sometime July 29.
• Richard Pion told Elkhart County police someone stole a weed eater belonging to EA Technologies while he was doing yard work at 54910 Ind. 15 Wednesday.
• Jennifer Hernandez, 53586 C.R. 27 Lot 107, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone entered her unlocked Suburban and stole her wallet between 9 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6 a.m. Aug. 16.
• Elliott Lafoon, 1011 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized his home while he was away Wednesday.
• Jeanne M. Liechty, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle Wednesday.
• Employees at Key Bank, 707 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone cashed two counterfeit check at their location July 26.
• Tim Freese, Rochester, told Goshen police someone stole his cell phone while working at Benteler, 910 Eisenhower Drive S., Goshen, at 6:25 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sarah Deegan, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made an illegal transaction on her debit card July 20.
• Neil Graves, 303 Kansas Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole solar lights from his yard overnight Tuesday.
Found property reports
• John Jay Kupiers, 14284 C.R. 48, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police of finding a water meter type piping in a ditch near his residence Tuesday.
• A woman told Elkhart County police she was harassed by a coworker at Orchard View Elementary School, 56734 Northridge Drive, Middlebury on Monday.
Suspicious persons reports
• Goshen police were called to 902 N. Seventh St., Goshen, regarding people walking around a vacant house and taking photos of the house at 10:57 p.m. Wednesday. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anyone.
• Staff at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a resident damaged several items within the home at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Management of “The Window”, 223 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone placed a large amount of trash across the rear doors towards the alley early Aug. 7. This is the second time for this type of trash dumping in the last few months.
Battery reports and arrests
• Staff at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 15-year-old male punched another 15-year-old male numerous times at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Hector Luna, 37, 1018 Beaver Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at his residence on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a minor, criminal confinement and strangulation at 1:59 a.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• Employees at Elkhart County Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of allegedly finding marijuana in an inmate’s belongings at 2:10 p.m. Tuesday.
• Rickey Riley, 24, 426 1/2 N. Lexington St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charge of possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on C.R. 15, south of U.S. 33 at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. A passenger, Keenan McCullough, 18, was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was cited and released.
• Megan R. Bachman, 22, 15156 C.R. 22, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charges of possession of marijuana and driving under the influence during a traffic stop in the area of Ind. 13, south of C.R. 12 at 11:47 p.m. Tuesday. Bachman was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
- Police News
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- Police/Rescue News: April 13, 2014 Area police made several arrests recently.
- More Police News Headlines