Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
• Crystal Wright, 18234 C.R. 22, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole jewelry and other items between June 1 and Tuesday.
• Kimberly Campbell, 57405 Horseshoe Court, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone took her cell phone July 1.
• Don Presser, 50920 C.R. 25, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone kicked through an entry door and stole handguns, jewelry and loose coins between 7:30 and 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
• Mervin Miller Sr., 68137 C.R. 23, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone entered his unlocked GMC van and stole a DVD player between midnight and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• Armando Loera, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to acquire services through two phone companies and a television provider June 30.
• Clinton Smith, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to obtain employment at 19498 C.R. 38, Goshen sometime July 29.
• Richard Pion told Elkhart County police someone stole a weed eater belonging to EA Technologies while he was doing yard work at 54910 Ind. 15 Wednesday.
• Jennifer Hernandez, 53586 C.R. 27 Lot 107, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone entered her unlocked Suburban and stole her wallet between 9 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6 a.m. Aug. 16.
• Elliott Lafoon, 1011 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized his home while he was away Wednesday.
• Jeanne M. Liechty, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle Wednesday.
• Employees at Key Bank, 707 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone cashed two counterfeit check at their location July 26.
• Tim Freese, Rochester, told Goshen police someone stole his cell phone while working at Benteler, 910 Eisenhower Drive S., Goshen, at 6:25 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sarah Deegan, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made an illegal transaction on her debit card July 20.
• Neil Graves, 303 Kansas Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole solar lights from his yard overnight Tuesday.
Found property reports
• John Jay Kupiers, 14284 C.R. 48, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police of finding a water meter type piping in a ditch near his residence Tuesday.
• A woman told Elkhart County police she was harassed by a coworker at Orchard View Elementary School, 56734 Northridge Drive, Middlebury on Monday.
Suspicious persons reports
• Goshen police were called to 902 N. Seventh St., Goshen, regarding people walking around a vacant house and taking photos of the house at 10:57 p.m. Wednesday. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anyone.
• Staff at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a resident damaged several items within the home at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Management of “The Window”, 223 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone placed a large amount of trash across the rear doors towards the alley early Aug. 7. This is the second time for this type of trash dumping in the last few months.
Battery reports and arrests
• Staff at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 15-year-old male punched another 15-year-old male numerous times at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Hector Luna, 37, 1018 Beaver Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at his residence on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a minor, criminal confinement and strangulation at 1:59 a.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• Employees at Elkhart County Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of allegedly finding marijuana in an inmate’s belongings at 2:10 p.m. Tuesday.
• Rickey Riley, 24, 426 1/2 N. Lexington St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charge of possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on C.R. 15, south of U.S. 33 at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. A passenger, Keenan McCullough, 18, was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was cited and released.
• Megan R. Bachman, 22, 15156 C.R. 22, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charges of possession of marijuana and driving under the influence during a traffic stop in the area of Ind. 13, south of C.R. 12 at 11:47 p.m. Tuesday. Bachman was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
- Police News
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- More Police News Headlines
- Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber