Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
• Crystal Wright, 18234 C.R. 22, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole jewelry and other items between June 1 and Tuesday.
• Kimberly Campbell, 57405 Horseshoe Court, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone took her cell phone July 1.
• Don Presser, 50920 C.R. 25, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone kicked through an entry door and stole handguns, jewelry and loose coins between 7:30 and 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
• Mervin Miller Sr., 68137 C.R. 23, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone entered his unlocked GMC van and stole a DVD player between midnight and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• Armando Loera, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to acquire services through two phone companies and a television provider June 30.
• Clinton Smith, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to obtain employment at 19498 C.R. 38, Goshen sometime July 29.
• Richard Pion told Elkhart County police someone stole a weed eater belonging to EA Technologies while he was doing yard work at 54910 Ind. 15 Wednesday.
• Jennifer Hernandez, 53586 C.R. 27 Lot 107, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone entered her unlocked Suburban and stole her wallet between 9 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6 a.m. Aug. 16.
• Elliott Lafoon, 1011 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized his home while he was away Wednesday.
• Jeanne M. Liechty, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle Wednesday.
• Employees at Key Bank, 707 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone cashed two counterfeit check at their location July 26.
• Tim Freese, Rochester, told Goshen police someone stole his cell phone while working at Benteler, 910 Eisenhower Drive S., Goshen, at 6:25 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sarah Deegan, Goshen, told Goshen police someone made an illegal transaction on her debit card July 20.
• Neil Graves, 303 Kansas Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole solar lights from his yard overnight Tuesday.
Found property reports
• John Jay Kupiers, 14284 C.R. 48, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police of finding a water meter type piping in a ditch near his residence Tuesday.
• A woman told Elkhart County police she was harassed by a coworker at Orchard View Elementary School, 56734 Northridge Drive, Middlebury on Monday.
Suspicious persons reports
• Goshen police were called to 902 N. Seventh St., Goshen, regarding people walking around a vacant house and taking photos of the house at 10:57 p.m. Wednesday. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anyone.
• Staff at Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a resident damaged several items within the home at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Management of “The Window”, 223 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone placed a large amount of trash across the rear doors towards the alley early Aug. 7. This is the second time for this type of trash dumping in the last few months.
Battery reports and arrests
• Staff at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 15-year-old male punched another 15-year-old male numerous times at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Hector Luna, 37, 1018 Beaver Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police at his residence on charges of domestic battery in the presence of a minor, criminal confinement and strangulation at 1:59 a.m. Thursday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• Employees at Elkhart County Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police of allegedly finding marijuana in an inmate’s belongings at 2:10 p.m. Tuesday.
• Rickey Riley, 24, 426 1/2 N. Lexington St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charge of possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on C.R. 15, south of U.S. 33 at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail. A passenger, Keenan McCullough, 18, was also arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana. He was cited and released.
• Megan R. Bachman, 22, 15156 C.R. 22, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charges of possession of marijuana and driving under the influence during a traffic stop in the area of Ind. 13, south of C.R. 12 at 11:47 p.m. Tuesday. Bachman was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
Several incidents of theft were reported recently:
- Police News
- Sentencing hearing for robber delayed A Michigan man who pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted armed robbery using a hammer was to have been sentenced in Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday.
- Police cars hit in multi-county chase According to Middlebury police, officer Gary Smith attempted to locate a silver Saturn leaving McDonald’s on Ind. 13, near U.S. 20 in Middlebury at 11:30 p.m. Monday. Jonathan Gaby, 31, Middlebury, the driver of the Saturn was reported to be allegedly intoxicated.
- Goshen crash injures driver A two-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon at the intersection of U.S. 33 and Ind. 4 injured one driver, according to Goshen police reports. Shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, a 2009 Nissan Cube driven by Emily N. Lee, 18, was northbound on U.S. 33 near
- Goshen woman guilty of stealing government property Crystal Riggs, 48, Goshen, pled guilty to felony theft of government property in federal court in South Bend. The magistrate judge is recommending that the district court accept the tendered guilty plea. Parties have 14 days in which to object to the
- Suspicious bottle found at Concord High School According to Elkhart County Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Bradberry, police responded to Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, Wednesday at 6:51 p.m. to a suspicious bottle that was found on the south side of the high school.
- Man pleads guilty to assault with knife Andrew Adkins, 26, Goshen, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of battery by means of a deadly weapon, a Class C felony. According to a statement from the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office, Adkins was scheduled for trial Tuesday in Elkhart Superio
- One killed, one hurt in separate wrecks One person was killed and another badly injured in two unrelated crashes in Elkhart and Noble counties over the weekend.
- CIRCUIT COURT: Elkhart's Rushlow sentenced to 58 years for attempted murder GOSHEN — An Elkhart man was sentenced to 58 years in prison after a jury convicted him of attempted murder last month. Nicholas A. Rushlow, 32, Elkhart, was charged with felony attempted murder and felony criminal recklessness when his case went to t
Police: Warsaw man broke into funeral home for children's DVDs
A Warsaw man was arrested after police said they found him crawling out of a broken window at Mishler Funeral Home in Milford Tuesday morning.
Fiery crash reported near Topeka
LaGrange County 911 dispatchers received a call at 2:50 p.m. Thursday of a two-vehicle crash at 6765 W. 300 South near Topeka stating the vehicles were on fire.
- More Police News Headlines