THE GOSHEN NEWS
A total of 17 individuals were arrested in Elkhart Friday evening on charges of underage drinking.
According to Elkhart County police, officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Teenage Alcohol Reduction (STAR) team were called to investigate a loud party at 27402 Lamplighter Lane, Elkhart. Upon arriving at the residence, police reportedly found multiple subjects under the age of 21 that had been consuming alcoholic beverages.
Of the 17 individuals arrested, 14 were between the ages of 18 and 20, and were cited and released. Three juveniles, who were between the ages of 16 and 17, were released to a parent or guardian.
The individuals who were cited and released at the scene included: Tiance Wright, 18; Caleb Lehman, 19; Kelsey Moore, 18; Daniel Bullock, 20; Luis Gonzales-Mendoza, 18; Hope Price, 18; Edin Luce, 18; Alicia Johnson, 19; Edgar Graciliand, 18; Zully Morales, 20; Hudson Foust, 20; Damien Gills, 20; Edward Owen, 18; and Deuntae Carr, 19.
The Elkhart County STAR team is comprised of officers from the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department. Their focus is to target and reduce underage drinking and smoking. STAR members continue to deter, intervene and detect underage alcohol violations by educating the community and taking a proactive approach to deterrence and intervention when needed.
• Miranda Looney, 320 Stone Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police her Visa pre-paid debit/credit card was stolen from her residence at approximately midnight Aug. 13.
• Lucia Rivas, Goshen, told Goshen police her vehicle was taken by a known person without her permission at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday while parked at 220 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen.
• Michelle Oyer, Goshen, told Goshen police her bicycle was stolen while she was at Micro Source, 304 W. Pike St., Goshen, at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
• Two 17-year-old males were arrested by Goshen police at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday while at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, on charges of theft. They were later released to their parents.
• Brittany Boomershine, Elkhart, told Goshen police items were stolen from out of her vehicle while parked at 1332 Waterford Crossing Circle, Goshen, at 11 p.m. Tuesday.
• Sherrin Barton, White Pigeon, Mich., told Goshen police her vehicle was entered without her permission while parked at 1332 Waterford Crossing Circle, Goshen, at 11 p.m. Tuesday. The suspects were reportedly seen running from the area, but could not be located by police. Nothing was reported stolen.
• Mervin Miller Sr., 68137 C.R. 23, New Paris, told Elkhart County police someone entered his unlocked vehicle between noon Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday and stole a DVD player.
• Armando Loera, 16307 Sunflower Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity to acquire services through two phone companies and a television provider between June 30, 2008 and July 5, 2013.
• Tammy Najar of Goshen told Goshen police her 14-year-old was battered by a 13-year-old after getting off the bus after school at 4:10 p.m. Tuesday at 302 Stone Drive, Goshen.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Officials at Goshen College filed a report with Goshen police at 8 p.m. Aug. 9 indicating criminal mischief to their facilities.
• Goshen police received a report at 10:20 p.m. Tuesday indicating suspicious activity in the 1500 block of Westmoor Parkway. Upon arrival, police reported finding someone had broken two solar lights in the middle of the roadway.
• Kimberly Singleton, 53101 Beverly Hills Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a tire on her vehicle was slashed while parked in her driveway between 7 p.m. Sunday and 10 a.m. Monday.
• An employee of Bashor Alternative Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a resident of the home became agitated and damaged several items at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Rickey Riley, 24, 426 1/2 N. Lexington St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of U.S. 33 and C.R. 15, Goshen, on a charge of possession of marijuana. A passenger in Riley’s vehicle, Keenan McCullough, 18, was also found to be in possession of marijuana. He was cited and released.
• Megan R. Bachman, 22, was arrested by Goshen police at 11:47 p.m. Tuesday on Ind 13, just south of C.R. 12, Middlebury, on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.