Three hurt in crash near Millersburg
Two drivers and a passenger were injured in a two-vehicle crash at C.R. 34 and C.R. 37 near Millersburg Thursday, according to Elkhart County police.
The crash occurred at 1:41 p.m. Andrew Duggins, 26, Johnson City, Tenn., was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Express that collided with a 2003 Pontiac Montana driven by Glen Miller, 76, Goshen. The collision caused Duggins’ vehicle to roll over in a field.
Miller and a passenger in the Pontiac, Wanda Helmuth, 18, Topeka, were transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital. Helmuth had right knee pain and a headache. Miller had minor head bleeding.
Duggins was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment of neck pain and left facial numbness. Police said he was cited for disregarding a stop sign.
• W. Earl Taylor of Goshen told Goshen police someone contacted KeyBank trying to open an account using his information without his permission Feb. 7.
• Jeff Bigler of Goshen told Goshen police someone used his daughter’s Social Security number Feb. 4.
• Marlin Yoder, 5940 N. 300 West, LaGrange, told LaGrange County police someone entered his residence and stole a TV set, jewelry, computer, scrapbooking supplies and other items Thursday.
• Scott J. Braden, 26, 226 W. Washington St., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop Friday in the 1800 block of Lincolnway East. He was arrested on a charge of driving while his license privileges were suspended and released with a court date.
Three hurt in crash near Millersburg
- Police News
- Sentencing hearing for robber delayed A Michigan man who pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted armed robbery using a hammer was to have been sentenced in Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday.
- Police cars hit in multi-county chase According to Middlebury police, officer Gary Smith attempted to locate a silver Saturn leaving McDonald’s on Ind. 13, near U.S. 20 in Middlebury at 11:30 p.m. Monday. Jonathan Gaby, 31, Middlebury, the driver of the Saturn was reported to be allegedly intoxicated.
- Goshen crash injures driver A two-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon at the intersection of U.S. 33 and Ind. 4 injured one driver, according to Goshen police reports. Shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, a 2009 Nissan Cube driven by Emily N. Lee, 18, was northbound on U.S. 33 near
- Goshen woman guilty of stealing government property Crystal Riggs, 48, Goshen, pled guilty to felony theft of government property in federal court in South Bend. The magistrate judge is recommending that the district court accept the tendered guilty plea. Parties have 14 days in which to object to the
- Suspicious bottle found at Concord High School According to Elkhart County Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Bradberry, police responded to Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, Wednesday at 6:51 p.m. to a suspicious bottle that was found on the south side of the high school.
- Man pleads guilty to assault with knife Andrew Adkins, 26, Goshen, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of battery by means of a deadly weapon, a Class C felony. According to a statement from the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office, Adkins was scheduled for trial Tuesday in Elkhart Superio
- One killed, one hurt in separate wrecks One person was killed and another badly injured in two unrelated crashes in Elkhart and Noble counties over the weekend.
- CIRCUIT COURT: Elkhart's Rushlow sentenced to 58 years for attempted murder GOSHEN — An Elkhart man was sentenced to 58 years in prison after a jury convicted him of attempted murder last month. Nicholas A. Rushlow, 32, Elkhart, was charged with felony attempted murder and felony criminal recklessness when his case went to t
Police: Warsaw man broke into funeral home for children's DVDs
A Warsaw man was arrested after police said they found him crawling out of a broken window at Mishler Funeral Home in Milford Tuesday morning.
Fiery crash reported near Topeka
LaGrange County 911 dispatchers received a call at 2:50 p.m. Thursday of a two-vehicle crash at 6765 W. 300 South near Topeka stating the vehicles were on fire.
- More Police News Headlines