THE GOSHEN NEWS
A Ligonier man was arrested on multiple drug-related charges at 10:22 a.m. Tuesday in Goshen.
According to Goshen police, Gerald Sawicki, 52, 7222 W. 500 N., Ligonier, was stopped by police in the 1800 block of Lincolnway East for a traffic violation. During the stop, Sawicki was reportedly found to be in possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, methamphetamine, prescription pills without a prescription and methamphetamine precursors.
He was arrested at the scene on the various drug-related charges and incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Robert Boatwright, Milford, told Goshen police he was walking northwest crossing Taylor Street at the U.S. 33 intersection when he was struck by a black Chrysler 300. The collision reportedly knocked Boatwright to the ground, police said.
Boatwright reported minor hip pain as a result of the collision. A case report was taken along with a hit-and-run report.
• Doyle Holden, 2006 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered his residence at 1 p.m. Tuesday and stole several items.
• An employee of Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police that on two separate occasions, an unknown male stole five laptop computers from the store. The employee noted that two computers were stolen on March 20, while three computers were stolen Friday. The cost of the stolen computers was estimated at $3,790.
• Mervin Slabach, Goshen, told Goshen police one of his renters took a bed and box spring without authorization upon being evicted from a rental house at 320 E. Madison St. at approximately 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jesse Sailor, 57284 C.R. 23, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone made a fraudulent charge to his debit account at 10 a.m. Monday.
• Lester Martin, 18190 C.R. 40, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his credit card information to purchase items valued at $475 without his approval at approximately 8 a.m. March 9.
• Bennett Tyson, 63115 Old 17 Court, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he noticed two unauthorized withdrawals from his Interra Credit Union account originating in Great Britain at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 18.
• Jeffrey Hershberger, 15685 C.R. 46, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone forced entry into his home between 7:30 a.m. and 3:52 p.m. Tuesday and removed several items.
• Bridgett Wagner, 60938 Ind. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone forced entry into her home between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. Tuesday and removed jewelry and cash.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he was punched in the chest and face by a 15-year-old male at 6:11 p.m. Monday at the home.
• An employee of Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police he was punched in the stomach by a 10-year-old student at 12:50 p.m. Tuesday at the home.