THE GOSHEN NEWS
Two drivers and a passenger received minor injuries in a semi-car crash at U.S. 20 Bypass and U.S. 33 interchange in Elkhart. The collision occurred at 5:14 a.m. Wednesday.
Robert Norden, 47, Toledo, Ohio, was driving a 2000 Volvo conventional semi-truck with a trailer eastbound on U.S. 20 Bypass behind Mary Tate, 55, South Bend, who was driving a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor. Tate began changing lanes and spun out of control while traveling at an unsafe speed for the snow and ice conditions on the road, according to Elkhart County police. Norden’s vehicle was following too close and collided with Tate’s vehicle.
A passenger, Donald Tate, complained of chest pain and Tate complained of chest pain. Norden complained of hand pain, and all refused medical treatment.
• Eric Vaughan, 4160 S. 1170 East Stroh, LaGrange, told LaGrange County police someone stole his kerosene heater off the back porch of his residence between March 4 and 9.
Disorderly conduct reports
• Two Goshen High School students were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of disorderly conduct by fighting at 12:50 p.m. Wednesday. They were released to a parent.
Drug abuse reports
• Staff at Northridge High School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a female student was found smoking marijuana in a bathroom around 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• A staff member at Bashor Alternative School, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 13-year-old male student struck him multiple times around 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• A Goshen resident told Goshen police of being battered while at the Court House Pub, 132 N. Main St., Goshen around 9:10 p.m. Wednesday. The suspect left before police arrived.
• A parent told Goshen police that their child was battered while at Chamberlain Elementary School, 428 N. Fifth St., Goshen, after school hours by several other juveniles Wednesday.
• Tyler E. Eagleson, 47, LaGrange, was arrested by LaGrange County police on a charge of domestic battery and battery causing serious bodily injury at 11 p.m. Wednesday.
• Luis Bautista, 52, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of habitual traffic violator for life after a traffic stop at C.R. 17, north of C.R. 26 in Goshen at 3:45 a.m. Thursday.
• Elkhart Police Department Drug Unit and the Special Response Team served a search warrant at 127 Park, Elkhart and arrested Cassandra Taylor (Grays), 39, Elkhart, on a charge of possesion of marijuana and possesion of a handgun Thursday.