THE GOSHEN NEWS
• A motorcyclist was hurt in a crash north of Goshen Sunday.
The mishap occurred at 6:15 p.m. at 58358 Sun Bow Drive. Elkhart County police said Troy Bontrager, 45, Goshen, was riding a 1979 Suzuki RM80 when the motorcycle hit the side of a dirt mound. Bontrager fell off the Suzuki.
Police said Bontrager suffered a laceration to his left thigh as a result of the crash. He was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• Alma Ortega, 121 W. Washington St., told Goshen police Sunday a male entered her home and the unoccupied residence next to hers without permission. The intruder broke two entry doors and several windows, according to the police report.
• Jerry Roth, 413 S. Third St., told Goshen police Sunday that several power tools had been stolen from an unlocked barn at the residence.
• A 16-year-old told Goshen police Monday that someone stole her cell phone from a bathroom at Goshen High School, 401 Lincolnway East.
• Robert Farrier of Goshen told city police Monday that someone stole his mo-ped during the night. The theft occurred at 909 N. Indiana Ave.
• Lois Widmer, 405 E. Plymouth Ave., told Goshen police Monday that someone had burglarized the detached garage at her property.
• Christopher Russell of Goshen told city police a theft from his vehicle took place Aug. 30 while he was shopping at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road.
• Jose R. Reyes, 212 N. Eighth St., reported a theft from his yard to Goshen police Monday.
• Brenda Howard, 423 S. Seventh St., told Goshen police Monday that her patio furniture had been stolen.
Injured deer killed
A Goshen police officer shot and killed a deer around 8 p.m. Monday in the 2200 block of Lincolnway East. Police reported that the deer was badly injured by a motor vehicle that left the scene of the collision.
• A White Pigeon, Mich., man told Goshen police this weekend he found blood in a parking lot at 114 N. Main St. A bartender at The Courthouse Pub later told police a man had been fighting outside the bar at the same location during the early morning hours. Officers responding to that fight call had been unable to locate anyone.
• Goshen police were called to the scene of a fight around 8 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of North Seventh Street. Upon arrival, officers found a 13-year-old girl who’d reportedly been battered by another girl. The 13-year-old was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital.
Goshen police said a suspicious fire was reported in a cornfield behind 423 Brookside Manor shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday. Firefighters found a melted bottle giving off a strong chemical odor lying in the field.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• John Snyder of Goshen told city police Monday that someone punctured a tire on his vehicle at 701 Nebraska Drive.
• Jay Krauter, 45, 207 S. West St., Milford, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 12:15 p.m. Sunday at Wilden Avenue and Peddler’s Village Road. He was arrested on a charge of possession of methamphetamine and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Arrests made at concert
Indiana State Excise Police officers arrested or cited 61 people on alcohol, tobacco and drug charges at the B100 concert at the St. Joseph County Fairgrounds in South Bend Sunday.
Officers arrested 22 people on charges of illegal possession or consumption of alcohol. Six adults were arrested on charges of furnishing or providing alcohol to a minor.
Police said 28 people were cited for underage possession of tobacco. Two adults were also cited for furnishing tobacco to a juvenile.
Excise officers also made arrests on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of synthetic marijuana and false informing.