• A motorcyclist was hurt in a crash north of Goshen Sunday.
The mishap occurred at 6:15 p.m. at 58358 Sun Bow Drive. Elkhart County police said Troy Bontrager, 45, Goshen, was riding a 1979 Suzuki RM80 when the motorcycle hit the side of a dirt mound. Bontrager fell off the Suzuki.
Police said Bontrager suffered a laceration to his left thigh as a result of the crash. He was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment.
• Alma Ortega, 121 W. Washington St., told Goshen police Sunday a male entered her home and the unoccupied residence next to hers without permission. The intruder broke two entry doors and several windows, according to the police report.
• Jerry Roth, 413 S. Third St., told Goshen police Sunday that several power tools had been stolen from an unlocked barn at the residence.
• A 16-year-old told Goshen police Monday that someone stole her cell phone from a bathroom at Goshen High School, 401 Lincolnway East.
• Robert Farrier of Goshen told city police Monday that someone stole his mo-ped during the night. The theft occurred at 909 N. Indiana Ave.
• Lois Widmer, 405 E. Plymouth Ave., told Goshen police Monday that someone had burglarized the detached garage at her property.
• Christopher Russell of Goshen told city police a theft from his vehicle took place Aug. 30 while he was shopping at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road.
• Jose R. Reyes, 212 N. Eighth St., reported a theft from his yard to Goshen police Monday.
• Brenda Howard, 423 S. Seventh St., told Goshen police Monday that her patio furniture had been stolen.
Injured deer killed
A Goshen police officer shot and killed a deer around 8 p.m. Monday in the 2200 block of Lincolnway East. Police reported that the deer was badly injured by a motor vehicle that left the scene of the collision.