Thefts reported to police
The following thefts were recently reported to local police:
• Mark Clickovich, 29389 C.R. 46, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police someone stole a Borden Waste-Away trash container from his property early Oct. 2.
• Gary Gingerich, manager of Forest River Plant 31, 2780 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police that sometime Sunday evening someone cut a hole in the fence surrounding the property and entered a building through an unlocked overhead door. The thief then took a large quantity of scrap wire. Gingerich said the wire was later found outside the building by the fence.
• An employee of Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from the store at approximately 12:17 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Goshen man told city police he saw a male taking items out of the recycle bins located on the Goshen College campus, 1700 S. Main St., at approximately 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Middlebury woman told Elkhart County police that her 14-year-old son battered her at 9:59 p.m. Monday while at their residence in the 56000 block of Farmington Drive. The juvenile was arrested and incarcerated in the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Ryan J. Hostetler, 29, 43 EMS 18-1 Lane, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:22 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Greene and Bashor roads on charges of driving while his license privileges were suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to surrender a suspended license. He was incarcerated in the county jail.
• Johnny M. Lee, 26, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, and Amanda Rodriguez, 35, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of marijuana at 2:18 p.m. Monday at their residence.
Thefts reported to police
- Police News
Police raid party east of Goshen
Elkhart County police raided an underage drinking party shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday at 12061 C.R. 36 east of Goshen.
Poaching probe leads to arrests
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- More Police News Headlines
- Police raid party east of Goshen