Thefts reported to police
The following thefts were recently reported to local police:
• Mark Clickovich, 29389 C.R. 46, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police someone stole a Borden Waste-Away trash container from his property early Oct. 2.
• Gary Gingerich, manager of Forest River Plant 31, 2780 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police that sometime Sunday evening someone cut a hole in the fence surrounding the property and entered a building through an unlocked overhead door. The thief then took a large quantity of scrap wire. Gingerich said the wire was later found outside the building by the fence.
• An employee of Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from the store at approximately 12:17 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Goshen man told city police he saw a male taking items out of the recycle bins located on the Goshen College campus, 1700 S. Main St., at approximately 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Middlebury woman told Elkhart County police that her 14-year-old son battered her at 9:59 p.m. Monday while at their residence in the 56000 block of Farmington Drive. The juvenile was arrested and incarcerated in the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Ryan J. Hostetler, 29, 43 EMS 18-1 Lane, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:22 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Greene and Bashor roads on charges of driving while his license privileges were suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to surrender a suspended license. He was incarcerated in the county jail.
• Johnny M. Lee, 26, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, and Amanda Rodriguez, 35, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of marijuana at 2:18 p.m. Monday at their residence.
Thefts reported to police
- Police News
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- More Police News Headlines