Thefts reported to police
The following thefts were recently reported to local police:
• Mark Clickovich, 29389 C.R. 46, Nappanee, told Elkhart County police someone stole a Borden Waste-Away trash container from his property early Oct. 2.
• Gary Gingerich, manager of Forest River Plant 31, 2780 College Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police that sometime Sunday evening someone cut a hole in the fence surrounding the property and entered a building through an unlocked overhead door. The thief then took a large quantity of scrap wire. Gingerich said the wire was later found outside the building by the fence.
• An employee of Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from the store at approximately 12:17 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Goshen man told city police he saw a male taking items out of the recycle bins located on the Goshen College campus, 1700 S. Main St., at approximately 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Middlebury woman told Elkhart County police that her 14-year-old son battered her at 9:59 p.m. Monday while at their residence in the 56000 block of Farmington Drive. The juvenile was arrested and incarcerated in the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Ryan J. Hostetler, 29, 43 EMS 18-1 Lane, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police at 3:22 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Greene and Bashor roads on charges of driving while his license privileges were suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to surrender a suspended license. He was incarcerated in the county jail.
• Johnny M. Lee, 26, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, and Amanda Rodriguez, 35, 607 N. Main St., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on charges of possession of marijuana at 2:18 p.m. Monday at their residence.
Thefts reported to police
- Police News
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Meth lab found in Middlebury
Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Middlebury police went to a residence in Crystal Valley Mobile Home Park, 206 York Drive, around 12:30 p.m. regarding a possible lab, according to town Police Chief Mike McCloughen.
Man pleads guilty in Twin Pines home invasion
One of the men charged in connection with a November home invasion in Goshen has pleaded guilty to the crime.
Antoine A. McDuffie, 21, Elkhart, pleaded guilty in Elkhart Circuit Court Monday to Class B felony charges of armed robbery, burglary, criminal confinement and conspiracy to commit burglary.
- Goshen man held on drug-making charge David McNeal, 45, of 16 Roxbury Park, was arrested on a charge of manufacturing methamphetamine following a traffic stop near the intersection of Elkhart and Reliance roads in Goshen Saturday at 9:23 a.m. Police reported he was in possession of ingre
- One jailed after Ind. 15 wreck A Ligonier man was arrested after a one-vehicle crash just south of Goshen Wednesday night.
Man who robbed Bristol bank sentenced
A South Bend man has been sentenced for robbing a Bristol bank as well as a bank in Edwardsburg, Mich., last year.
Darius Witherspoon, 21, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in South Bend this week to nearly 13 years in prison with three years of supervised release.
- More Police News Headlines