Driver hurt in crash
A 34-year-old woman was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital Friday morning after a one-vehicle crash along Ind. 15.
The collision occurred around 12:48 a.m. Elkhart County police said Billie Jo Star Rippey of Middlebury was driving north on Ind. 15 in a 2007 Dodge Caliber when the vehicle went off the right side of the road, south of C.R. 126.
Police said Rippey over-corrected and the car then went off the left side of the road, striking a tree, utility pole, junction box and mailbox. The pole snapped and wires were down, according to police.
Rippey was unconscious at the scene, police said, and suffered head trauma and internal bleeding. She was airlifted by a Medflight to South Bend. Rippey was in critical condition Friday afternoon, hospital staff said.
The crash remains under investigation by Elkhart County police.
• Benjamin D. Riggs of Goshen told city police someone entered his vehicle while it was parked in the 300 block of South Third Street and stole his debit card and a pair of Apple headphones Thursday.
• A 36-year-old Goshen resident told Goshen police of being cut by a person in the alley on the north side of the First Presbyterian Church, 215 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen around 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Theresa Wentz, 508 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence Wednesday.
• Lulabelle Hartman of Goshen told city police of being a victim of a homeowner fraud sometime Jan. 15.
Driver hurt in crash
- Police News
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- More Police News Headlines
- Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber