Driver hurt in crash
A 34-year-old woman was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital Friday morning after a one-vehicle crash along Ind. 15.
The collision occurred around 12:48 a.m. Elkhart County police said Billie Jo Star Rippey of Middlebury was driving north on Ind. 15 in a 2007 Dodge Caliber when the vehicle went off the right side of the road, south of C.R. 126.
Police said Rippey over-corrected and the car then went off the left side of the road, striking a tree, utility pole, junction box and mailbox. The pole snapped and wires were down, according to police.
Rippey was unconscious at the scene, police said, and suffered head trauma and internal bleeding. She was airlifted by a Medflight to South Bend. Rippey was in critical condition Friday afternoon, hospital staff said.
The crash remains under investigation by Elkhart County police.
• Benjamin D. Riggs of Goshen told city police someone entered his vehicle while it was parked in the 300 block of South Third Street and stole his debit card and a pair of Apple headphones Thursday.
• A 36-year-old Goshen resident told Goshen police of being cut by a person in the alley on the north side of the First Presbyterian Church, 215 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen around 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Theresa Wentz, 508 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence Wednesday.
• Lulabelle Hartman of Goshen told city police of being a victim of a homeowner fraud sometime Jan. 15.
Driver hurt in crash
- Police News
UPDATE: Westview crash victim in critical condition
A Westview High School student remained hospitalized in critical condition today following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition this afternoon.
Three people hurt in crash, driver arrested
Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early this morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Crash reported north of Goshen
Injuries have been reported in a traffic collision that happened north of Goshen earlier this afternoon.
- Several burglaries reported in Goshen Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported in Goshen, according to city police:
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- Middlebury meth lab busted Monday Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Meth lab found in Middlebury
Police raided a suspected methamphetamine lab in Middlebury Monday.
Middlebury police went to a residence in Crystal Valley Mobile Home Park, 206 York Drive, around 12:30 p.m. regarding a possible lab, according to town Police Chief Mike McCloughen.
- More Police News Headlines
- UPDATE: Westview crash victim in critical condition