Driver hurt in crash
A 34-year-old woman was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital Friday morning after a one-vehicle crash along Ind. 15.
The collision occurred around 12:48 a.m. Elkhart County police said Billie Jo Star Rippey of Middlebury was driving north on Ind. 15 in a 2007 Dodge Caliber when the vehicle went off the right side of the road, south of C.R. 126.
Police said Rippey over-corrected and the car then went off the left side of the road, striking a tree, utility pole, junction box and mailbox. The pole snapped and wires were down, according to police.
Rippey was unconscious at the scene, police said, and suffered head trauma and internal bleeding. She was airlifted by a Medflight to South Bend. Rippey was in critical condition Friday afternoon, hospital staff said.
The crash remains under investigation by Elkhart County police.
• Benjamin D. Riggs of Goshen told city police someone entered his vehicle while it was parked in the 300 block of South Third Street and stole his debit card and a pair of Apple headphones Thursday.
• A 36-year-old Goshen resident told Goshen police of being cut by a person in the alley on the north side of the First Presbyterian Church, 215 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen around 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Theresa Wentz, 508 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence Wednesday.
• Lulabelle Hartman of Goshen told city police of being a victim of a homeowner fraud sometime Jan. 15.
Driver hurt in crash
- Police News
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
Six injured in crash northwest of Wakarusa
A two-vehicle crash injured six people north of Wakarusa Tuesday.
The mishap occurred around 7:20 a.m. at the intersection of C.R.s 1 and 26.
Driver critically injured in Kosciusko County crash
A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
The mishap occurred on C.R. 150 West just south of C.R. 400 North around 5 p.m.
- Man gets 80 years for threat on wife An Elkhart man who threatened to set his wife on fire has been sentenced to 80 years in prison.
- Police news: Several arrested on charges of drunken driving • Lori L. Ellis, 48, 12778 N. 300 East, Syracuse, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving while intoxicated at 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Ellis was stopped for a traffic stop at Dierdorff and Kercher Roads in Goshen for driving left of center and transported to the Elkhart County jail.
- More Police News Headlines