Driver hurt in crash
A 34-year-old woman was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital Friday morning after a one-vehicle crash along Ind. 15.
The collision occurred around 12:48 a.m. Elkhart County police said Billie Jo Star Rippey of Middlebury was driving north on Ind. 15 in a 2007 Dodge Caliber when the vehicle went off the right side of the road, south of C.R. 126.
Police said Rippey over-corrected and the car then went off the left side of the road, striking a tree, utility pole, junction box and mailbox. The pole snapped and wires were down, according to police.
Rippey was unconscious at the scene, police said, and suffered head trauma and internal bleeding. She was airlifted by a Medflight to South Bend. Rippey was in critical condition Friday afternoon, hospital staff said.
The crash remains under investigation by Elkhart County police.
• Benjamin D. Riggs of Goshen told city police someone entered his vehicle while it was parked in the 300 block of South Third Street and stole his debit card and a pair of Apple headphones Thursday.
• A 36-year-old Goshen resident told Goshen police of being cut by a person in the alley on the north side of the First Presbyterian Church, 215 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen around 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Theresa Wentz, 508 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence Wednesday.
• Lulabelle Hartman of Goshen told city police of being a victim of a homeowner fraud sometime Jan. 15.
Driver hurt in crash
- Police News
- Police News: April 23, 2014 Dale Greensides, 32, Bristol, the driver of a motorcycle involved in a crash with an automobile Sunday north of Middlebury, died today at 11:25 a.m.
Armed robbery with hammer thwarted by store employee
GOSHEN — Goshen police said a Michigan man was arrested after an attempted armed robbery Tuesday.
No injuries in Concord Township fire
Firefighters were called to a basement fire in a Concord Township home shortly after midnight today.
- POLICE NEWS FOR APRIL 21,2014: Bristol man ejected from motorcycle A Bristol man was badly injured after being ejected from his motorcycle in a three-vehicle collision at 12:34 p.m. Sunday near Middlebury. According to Elkhart County police, Sasha Lindwedel, 23, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle westbound on C.R. 2,
- Police news for April 20, 2014 Theft/burglary reports • Wendy Pavich, Mishawaka, filed a report with Goshen police Friday indicating her wedding ring was stolen while at Oaklawn, 330 Lakeview Drive, Goshen, at 10 a.m. April 9. • Jerome Cox, 1313 S. Ninth St., Goshen, filed a repor
- Police News: April 19, 2014 A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol. Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Police linked Dav
Bristol bank robbery suspect arrested
A South Bend man has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery last year in Bristol.
Zamale E. Davis, 19, 1805 Chapin St., was arrested at 7:10 a.m. Friday in South Bend by officers with the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Police News: April 18, 2014 The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police: • Ron Davidhizar told Goshen police Wednesday that someone broke into his storage shed at 221 Queen St. and stole items. • Personnel at Synergy RV Transport, 2448 E. Kercher
- Three Concord firefighters suspended for mishandling drugs Concord Township firefighters Don Mansell, Bill Creedon and Jon Simmons were accused by Concord Township Trustee Mark Grabill with the failure to follow the Concord Township Fire Department’s protocol regarding proper tag removal on narcotics boxes.
- Police News: April 17, 2014 A one-vehicle crash injured two men — one critically — south of Leesburg Tuesday.
- More Police News Headlines