THE GOSHEN NEWS
---- — Two people were injured in a shooting in Elkhart early Thursday afternoon.
The incident occurred at 1415 W. Franklin St. Around 12:20 p.m. Elkhart police were called to the scene regarding a person who said he’d been shot. Officers arrived and found two victims.
Police said both the injured people were transported to Elkhart General Hospital. The injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
House fire in Elkhart
Firefighters with Concord Township Fire Department responded to a house fire at 27636 C.R. 24 in Elkhart Wednesday. The call came in at 9:45 p.m. and no injuries were reported. The fire was put out in about 45 minutes and contained to the chimney, part of the walls and attic area, officials said.
There were two or three people at home and the American Red Cross was called in for assistance.
Several departments assisted because of the weather and access to water was limited, officials said.
The following thefts and burglaries were recently reported to local police:
• An employee at Forest River, 2431 E. Kercher Road, told Goshen police that someone stole two V-Cross travel trailers from the business between Nov. 27 and Monday.
• Elizabeth Fugate told Goshen police Monday that someone entered her vehicle while it was parked at 1503 West Ave. and took her wallet. The wallet was later located and returned to Fugate by a neighbor. However, the cash that had been in the wallet was gone.
• Robert Keller of Goshen told Goshen police Monday that someone stole his John Deere push lawn mower and Troy-Bilt weedeater from 1013 N. Sixth St.
• Brandon Hawkins told Goshen police Monday that someone stole his bicycle somewhere along North First Street.
• Frederick Bigler, 124 Parmley Drive, told Goshen police Wednesday that his watch was stolen from his residence.
• Ruben Zamora of Goshen told Goshen police Wednesday that someone was using his name and working at a factory in Topeka.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Ranita Holloway, 137 Richmond Court, told Goshen police Wednesday that someone damaged her front screen door.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Ubaldo Sanchez, 36, 22212 Farmwood, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart city police after a traffic stop in the 1500 block of Cassopolis Street Jan. 15. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.