Local police responded to several complaints of theft.
• Courtney Ann Marie Contreas, 19, 330 Brookside Manor, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Kroger’s, 209 Chicago Ave., Goshen, at 12:34 p.m. Tuesday.
• Adam T. Derstine, 211 S. Seventh St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone entered two of his vehicles and stole a wallet containing several credit cards and cash at 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Tina Easley, 314 W. Oakridge Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone burglarized her residence at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Russell Saputo, 55894 Crestone Circle, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone stole a Borden trash container from his property between 9:02 p.m. Friday and 7:01 a.m. Saturday.
• Tracy Butt, 216 S. Benton St., Millersburg, told Elkhart County police someone cut th lock of his storage unit and stole more than 250 CDs and multiple racing trophies sometime Saturday.
• Christopher Adams, Goshen, reported to Goshen police of being the victim of identity theft sometime Aug. 5, 2013.
• Lydia Sholtey, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone opened a Sears credit card in her name and made unauthorized purchases in the amount of $2,448.51 on Dec. 30.
• Robert and Melissa Lambert, 950 Colonial Manor Drive, Goshen, were issued a Goshen Police Department animal warning after a nearby neighbor complained that the Lambert’s were allowing their dog to bark excessively at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
• Tina Miller, 228 1/2 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone was banging on her door and noticed the door knob turning at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday. The person started to hit the bottom part of the door and left before police arrived. There was no damage to the door, police said.
• A 15-year-old Middlebury male was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of battery and incarcerated at the Juvenile Detention Center at 7:59 p.m. Tuesday. He also destroyed his school-issued laptop.
• Elkhart County police responded to a single vehicle crash into a utility pole at C.R. 115, south of C.R. 18 in Elkhart. The driver had fled the scene prior to police arrival. Timothy J. Riddle, 32, 58529 C.R. 115, Goshen, was arrested on charges of driving a vehicle while intoxicated and leaving the scene of property-damage crash at 3:36 a.m. Tuesday at his residence. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Mark Hively, 59, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of operating a vehicle while under the influence after colliding with a semi-tractor trailer hauling pigs at Ind. 15, south of C.R. 14 in Bristol at 6 p.m. Tuesday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.