Police recently responded to several reports of theft and burglary.
• Henry Wingard, Elkhart, told Goshen police someone stole his vehicle from his place of employment at 1724 Eisenhower South Drive, Goshen, while he was working. The vehicle was entered as stolen in a filed report at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Lee Garner told Elkhart County police someone forced entry by cutting the lock to his storage unit Number 35 at 68348 Ind. 15, New Paris, at 10:09 a.m. Wednesday. Items stolen included custom manufacture golf clubs valued at $2,000 and a Stihl M409 chainsaw valued at $700.
• Concord Junior High School Principal Gay Burton told Elkhart County police a cell phone had been stolen from a student’s locker at 59397 C.R. 11, Elkhart, at 12:45 p.m. Monday. A 14-year-old male was later taken into custody on a charge of theft and placed into Juvenile Detention and the cell phone was recovered.
• A staff member at Bashor Homes, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police of being battered by an 11-year-old juvenile male at 9:40 a.m. Tuesday.
• Bridget Cole, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone applied for and was granted a student loan for use at the University of Phoenix using her personal information sometime Nov. 1.
• Rosalie Goble, 52, 702 Milddlebury St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle without financial responsibility with a prior conviction at 8:46 p.m. Wednesday. She was driving with a suspended license near the intersection of Beaver Lane and Wilden Avenue in Goshen. Goble was released on a written promise to appear in Goshen City Court.
• James Wolfinger told Elkhart County police his vehicle was struck at C.R. 17 and C.R. 6 in Bristol by another vehicle causing it damage. He told police the other driver fled the scene of the crash. Police located Noemi Jimenez-Aguirre, 38, as the other driver and never receiving a driver’s license. She was ticketed and released for leaving the scene of a crash and never receiving a license.
• Paula McIntosh, 29, 701 Eighth St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on charges of operating a vehicle while being an habitual violator, never receiving a license-prior and possession of paraphernalia during a traffic stop at Bristol Street and Osolo Road in Elkhart at 6:09 p.m. Wednesday. She was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.