• Employees at Walgreens, 429 W. Pike St., Goshen, told Goshen police a male provided a fraudulent identify card at 2 p.m. Monday. The male left the store prior to police arrival.
Battery reports and arrests
• Jorge Baltazar, 22, 1725 Windsor Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of domestic battery at 10:49 p.m. Sunday. A 23-year-old female had minor injury to her right knee and complaint of pain. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• A Goshen woman told city police someone battered one of her children at Chandler Elementary School playground, 419 S. Eighth St., Goshen, after school hours Monday.
• Ryan Wyatt, 25, 53072 C.R. 35, Middlebury, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop at the intersection of C.R. 38 and U.S. Hwy 33 at 3:36 p.m. Sunday. He was arrested on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic violator and incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Two people were arrested after Goshen police made a traffic stop in the 4000 block of Elkhart Road at 1:33 a.m. Monday. Austin D. Dooley, 20, 1104 Hickory St., Goshen, was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. A passenger, Dominique G. Peterson, 20, 113 S. 28th St., Goshen, was arrested on charges possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Both males were released at the scene on a promise to appear in court.
The following motorists were recently arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated:
• Armando Cordero, 30, 619 Seville Court, Ligonier, was arrested by Elkhart County police after a traffic stop at U.S. 33 and Reith Boulevard at 1:24 a.m. Sunday. In addition to the OWI, Cordero was also arrested on a charge of driving while his driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Dwayne E. Schlabach, 66, 7690 N. 900 West, Shipshewana, was arrested by Goshen after a traffic stop the 600 block of N. Main Street at 5:15 p.m. Sunday. In addition to the OWI, he was also arrested on a charge of driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Injured deer shot
Goshen police shot and killed an injured deer around 6:25 p.m. Tuesday. The animal had been struck by a vehicle in the 60,000 block of C.R. 15.