A STAFF REPORT
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Two arrested on battery charges
Goshen police arrested the following people on battery-related charges this past weekend:
• Jose Tapia, 37, 17462 Shamrock Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Tapia was arrested after an incident late Saturday in the area of 13th and Reynolds streets, according to a police report.
• Thomas Yoder, 49, 911 Niki Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police early Sunday on charges of battery and intimidation. Yoder was arrested after police were called to 1397 Chicago Ave.
• Goshen police were called to the 400 block of West Plymouth avenue shortly after midnight Saturday regarding a vehicle on the bike path. They found a vehicle that had crashed into the foot bridge. Police said they later found the driver, a 17-year-old male, who registered 0.13 percent breath-alcohol content. Police said the boy was processed and released to his parents.
• Goshen police said a 16-year-old Goshen boy was found to have consumed alcohol in the 500 block of Franklin Street Saturday night. The boy was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center on charges of violating probation and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Paul D. Johnson, 33, 109 E. Baltimore St. Apt. 2, Syracuse, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Friday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and theft. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Shaui Yuan, 621 N. Third St., told Goshen police someone entered his apartment Saturday and stole his Lenovo laptop ThinkPad.
• Carlos Arce of Goshen reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Saturday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at 253 Remington Lane.
A Goshen female told city police she thought a male was following her throughout Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., while she was shopping Saturday. She said the same individual waited for her in the parking lot. Police said the male left the area before officers arrived.
• Dennis A. Staner, 26, 308 S. Third St., Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop shortly before midnight Friday in the 1000 block of West Pike Street. Police said Staner was driving while being a habitual traffic violator who’s driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Felix Garcia, 30, 325 Arbor Court Apt. 5, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:18 a.m. Saturday in the area of Elkhart Road and Sunset Boulevard. Police said Garcia was driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.