Two arrested on battery charges
Goshen police arrested the following people on battery-related charges this past weekend:
• Jose Tapia, 37, 17462 Shamrock Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Tapia was arrested after an incident late Saturday in the area of 13th and Reynolds streets, according to a police report.
• Thomas Yoder, 49, 911 Niki Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police early Sunday on charges of battery and intimidation. Yoder was arrested after police were called to 1397 Chicago Ave.
• Goshen police were called to the 400 block of West Plymouth avenue shortly after midnight Saturday regarding a vehicle on the bike path. They found a vehicle that had crashed into the foot bridge. Police said they later found the driver, a 17-year-old male, who registered 0.13 percent breath-alcohol content. Police said the boy was processed and released to his parents.
• Goshen police said a 16-year-old Goshen boy was found to have consumed alcohol in the 500 block of Franklin Street Saturday night. The boy was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center on charges of violating probation and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Paul D. Johnson, 33, 109 E. Baltimore St. Apt. 2, Syracuse, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Friday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and theft. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Shaui Yuan, 621 N. Third St., told Goshen police someone entered his apartment Saturday and stole his Lenovo laptop ThinkPad.
• Carlos Arce of Goshen reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Saturday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at 253 Remington Lane.
A Goshen female told city police she thought a male was following her throughout Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., while she was shopping Saturday. She said the same individual waited for her in the parking lot. Police said the male left the area before officers arrived.
• Dennis A. Staner, 26, 308 S. Third St., Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop shortly before midnight Friday in the 1000 block of West Pike Street. Police said Staner was driving while being a habitual traffic violator who’s driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Felix Garcia, 30, 325 Arbor Court Apt. 5, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:18 a.m. Saturday in the area of Elkhart Road and Sunset Boulevard. Police said Garcia was driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Two arrested on battery charges
- Police News
Two men arrested at park on indecency charges
Two men were arrested on charges of public indecency at an Elkhart County park and a third man is under investigation.
- Dog stolen from humane society Someone stole a dog from the Humane Society of Elkhart County, 54687 C.R. 19, Bristol this week.
- ASK THE SHERIFF: Can an officer stop a person for openly carrying a firearm? DEAR SHERIFF: Do officers have a right to stop/detain me merely because I openly carry a firearm? Can they ask me to display my handgun carry license? Do I need to carry my handgun license with me when I carry? ANSWER: In a prior column I addressed t
- Several thefts reported to police • Jesus Hernandez, 18, 213 Tanglewood Drive, told Goshen police someone tried to steal his mo-ped at his home Tuesday. The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m.
- POLICE NEWS: Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported. Millersburg Town Marshal Keith Hathaway said the robbery occurred at 7:45 p.m. at Simars Convenience Store, 206 N. Benton St. (Ind. 13). Two white males entered the store and r
Millersburg convenience store clerk robbed at gunpoint
A Millersburg clerk was robbed at gunpoint Monday night, police reported.
Teen reaches plea deal in 2010 Enchanted Hills killing
An Indiana youth who was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty at age 12 to helping kill a friend's stepfather could leave prison as early as next year.
- Two break-ins reported Police investigated calls of break-ins recently.
- Fatal crash remains under investigation Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man. Investigators are seeking information about another vehicle that might have been in the area at the time of the collision.
Police: Vehicle in fatal crash was traveling at more than 100 mph
Elkhart County police continue to investigate a Nov. 20 crash that claimed the life of a Ligonier man.
- More Police News Headlines
- Two men arrested at park on indecency charges