Two arrested on battery charges
Goshen police arrested the following people on battery-related charges this past weekend:
• Jose Tapia, 37, 17462 Shamrock Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Tapia was arrested after an incident late Saturday in the area of 13th and Reynolds streets, according to a police report.
• Thomas Yoder, 49, 911 Niki Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police early Sunday on charges of battery and intimidation. Yoder was arrested after police were called to 1397 Chicago Ave.
• Goshen police were called to the 400 block of West Plymouth avenue shortly after midnight Saturday regarding a vehicle on the bike path. They found a vehicle that had crashed into the foot bridge. Police said they later found the driver, a 17-year-old male, who registered 0.13 percent breath-alcohol content. Police said the boy was processed and released to his parents.
• Goshen police said a 16-year-old Goshen boy was found to have consumed alcohol in the 500 block of Franklin Street Saturday night. The boy was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center on charges of violating probation and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Paul D. Johnson, 33, 109 E. Baltimore St. Apt. 2, Syracuse, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Friday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and theft. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Shaui Yuan, 621 N. Third St., told Goshen police someone entered his apartment Saturday and stole his Lenovo laptop ThinkPad.
• Carlos Arce of Goshen reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Saturday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at 253 Remington Lane.
A Goshen female told city police she thought a male was following her throughout Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., while she was shopping Saturday. She said the same individual waited for her in the parking lot. Police said the male left the area before officers arrived.
• Dennis A. Staner, 26, 308 S. Third St., Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop shortly before midnight Friday in the 1000 block of West Pike Street. Police said Staner was driving while being a habitual traffic violator who’s driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Felix Garcia, 30, 325 Arbor Court Apt. 5, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:18 a.m. Saturday in the area of Elkhart Road and Sunset Boulevard. Police said Garcia was driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Two arrested on battery charges
- Police News
- Police warn of recent burglaries Members of the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department Detective Bureau located a black Hyundai Sonata Thursday which matched the description of a vehicle reported as having been involved in multiple daytime residential burglaries that had occurred in Je
- Sentencing hearing for robber delayed A Michigan man who pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted armed robbery using a hammer was to have been sentenced in Elkhart Circuit Court Thursday.
- Police cars hit in multi-county chase According to Middlebury police, officer Gary Smith attempted to locate a silver Saturn leaving McDonald’s on Ind. 13, near U.S. 20 in Middlebury at 11:30 p.m. Monday. Jonathan Gaby, 31, Middlebury, the driver of the Saturn was reported to be allegedly intoxicated.
- Goshen crash injures driver A two-vehicle crash Saturday afternoon at the intersection of U.S. 33 and Ind. 4 injured one driver, according to Goshen police reports. Shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, a 2009 Nissan Cube driven by Emily N. Lee, 18, was northbound on U.S. 33 near
- Goshen woman guilty of stealing government property Crystal Riggs, 48, Goshen, pled guilty to felony theft of government property in federal court in South Bend. The magistrate judge is recommending that the district court accept the tendered guilty plea. Parties have 14 days in which to object to the
- Suspicious bottle found at Concord High School According to Elkhart County Sheriff’s Capt. Jim Bradberry, police responded to Concord High School, 59117 Minuteman Way, Elkhart, Wednesday at 6:51 p.m. to a suspicious bottle that was found on the south side of the high school.
- Man pleads guilty to assault with knife Andrew Adkins, 26, Goshen, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of battery by means of a deadly weapon, a Class C felony. According to a statement from the Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office, Adkins was scheduled for trial Tuesday in Elkhart Superio
- One killed, one hurt in separate wrecks One person was killed and another badly injured in two unrelated crashes in Elkhart and Noble counties over the weekend.
- CIRCUIT COURT: Elkhart's Rushlow sentenced to 58 years for attempted murder GOSHEN — An Elkhart man was sentenced to 58 years in prison after a jury convicted him of attempted murder last month. Nicholas A. Rushlow, 32, Elkhart, was charged with felony attempted murder and felony criminal recklessness when his case went to t
Police: Warsaw man broke into funeral home for children's DVDs
A Warsaw man was arrested after police said they found him crawling out of a broken window at Mishler Funeral Home in Milford Tuesday morning.
- More Police News Headlines