Two arrested on battery charges
Goshen police arrested the following people on battery-related charges this past weekend:
• Jose Tapia, 37, 17462 Shamrock Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Tapia was arrested after an incident late Saturday in the area of 13th and Reynolds streets, according to a police report.
• Thomas Yoder, 49, 911 Niki Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police early Sunday on charges of battery and intimidation. Yoder was arrested after police were called to 1397 Chicago Ave.
• Goshen police were called to the 400 block of West Plymouth avenue shortly after midnight Saturday regarding a vehicle on the bike path. They found a vehicle that had crashed into the foot bridge. Police said they later found the driver, a 17-year-old male, who registered 0.13 percent breath-alcohol content. Police said the boy was processed and released to his parents.
• Goshen police said a 16-year-old Goshen boy was found to have consumed alcohol in the 500 block of Franklin Street Saturday night. The boy was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center on charges of violating probation and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Paul D. Johnson, 33, 109 E. Baltimore St. Apt. 2, Syracuse, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Friday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and theft. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Shaui Yuan, 621 N. Third St., told Goshen police someone entered his apartment Saturday and stole his Lenovo laptop ThinkPad.
• Carlos Arce of Goshen reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Saturday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at 253 Remington Lane.
A Goshen female told city police she thought a male was following her throughout Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., while she was shopping Saturday. She said the same individual waited for her in the parking lot. Police said the male left the area before officers arrived.
• Dennis A. Staner, 26, 308 S. Third St., Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop shortly before midnight Friday in the 1000 block of West Pike Street. Police said Staner was driving while being a habitual traffic violator who’s driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Felix Garcia, 30, 325 Arbor Court Apt. 5, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:18 a.m. Saturday in the area of Elkhart Road and Sunset Boulevard. Police said Garcia was driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Two arrested on battery charges
- Police News
- Driver jailed for drunk driving after early-morning wreck Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early Sunday morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
UPDATE: Four people injured in four-vehicle U.S. 20 crash
A four-vehicle crash injured four people north of Goshen Sunday afternoon. Police said one of the drivers involved suffered life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. on U.S. 20 east of C.R. 21.
UPDATE: Westview crash victim in critical condition
A Westview High School student remained hospitalized in critical condition today following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition this afternoon.
Three people hurt in crash, driver arrested
Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle crash north of Millersburg early this morning. One driver was subsequently arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Crash reported north of Goshen
Injuries have been reported in a traffic collision that happened north of Goshen earlier this afternoon.
- Several burglaries reported in Goshen Several thefts and burglaries were recently reported in Goshen, according to city police:
- Westview teen remains critical after wreck A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
UPDATE: Westview student in critical condition after crash
A Westview High School student remained in critical condition Friday afternoon following a two-vehicle crash Thursday in LaGrange County.
Jaid Rex, 16, was listed in critical at Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne. Her sister, Mikayla Rex, 18, was listed in fair condition Friday.
- Goshen resident reports burglary Goshen police reported recent theft and burglary incidents:
- Five arrested in Kosciusko drug bust Five people from Kosciusko County, including a 72-year-old man, have been arrested on felony drug charges.
- More Police News Headlines