Two arrested on battery charges
Goshen police arrested the following people on battery-related charges this past weekend:
• Jose Tapia, 37, 17462 Shamrock Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Tapia was arrested after an incident late Saturday in the area of 13th and Reynolds streets, according to a police report.
• Thomas Yoder, 49, 911 Niki Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police early Sunday on charges of battery and intimidation. Yoder was arrested after police were called to 1397 Chicago Ave.
• Goshen police were called to the 400 block of West Plymouth avenue shortly after midnight Saturday regarding a vehicle on the bike path. They found a vehicle that had crashed into the foot bridge. Police said they later found the driver, a 17-year-old male, who registered 0.13 percent breath-alcohol content. Police said the boy was processed and released to his parents.
• Goshen police said a 16-year-old Goshen boy was found to have consumed alcohol in the 500 block of Franklin Street Saturday night. The boy was arrested and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center on charges of violating probation and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
• Paul D. Johnson, 33, 109 E. Baltimore St. Apt. 2, Syracuse, was arrested at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, Friday on charges of possession of methamphetamine and theft. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Shaui Yuan, 621 N. Third St., told Goshen police someone entered his apartment Saturday and stole his Lenovo laptop ThinkPad.
• Carlos Arce of Goshen reported a theft from his vehicle to Goshen police Saturday. The theft occurred while the vehicle was parked at 253 Remington Lane.
A Goshen female told city police she thought a male was following her throughout Krogers, 209 Chicago Ave., while she was shopping Saturday. She said the same individual waited for her in the parking lot. Police said the male left the area before officers arrived.
• Dennis A. Staner, 26, 308 S. Third St., Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop shortly before midnight Friday in the 1000 block of West Pike Street. Police said Staner was driving while being a habitual traffic violator who’s driving privileges were suspended. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Felix Garcia, 30, 325 Arbor Court Apt. 5, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop around 2:18 a.m. Saturday in the area of Elkhart Road and Sunset Boulevard. Police said Garcia was driving while being a habitual traffic violator. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
Two arrested on battery charges
- Police News
- 2 Elkhart County work release escapees reported Two Goshen men have been listed as escapees from the Elkhart County Work Release Center in Goshen.Elkhart County police reported Tuesday that John A. Eller, 48, was reported as an escapee at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Thomas M. Moser, 35, was reported as an
- Two drivers injured in crash A collision Monday injured two drivers in Goshen, according to Goshen police.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 28, 2014: Children injured in crash Two children and an adult were taken to a local hospital Sunday with minor injuries after a two-vehicle crash near the intersection of C.R. 17 and C.R. 18, east of Elkhart.Judy K. Buckmeier, 63, was southbound in a 2014 Buick Enclave carrying three p
- Police news for July 27, 2014 Drug-related arrestsA Middlebury man was arrested Friday morning on two drug-related charges and driving with a suspended license. According to Goshen police, Martin Brown, 26, was stopped at 6:10 a.m. for failing to signal within 200 feet of a turn
- Elkhart man arrested after hitting utility pole A 2007 Lincoln MKZ driven by Robert Maxey, 25, Elkhart, was eastbound on C.R. 4, east of C.R. 5 near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, the vehicle ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole at 12:27 a.m. Friday. Maxey was transported to
- Abandoned animals removed from home Goshen police and Humane Society of Elkhart County officer Dan Scott were called to 416 N. Eighth Street in Goshen Thursday afternoon for abandoned animals in the unoccupied residence.
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
- More Police News Headlines