Cats stolen in Goshen
A Goshen man reported the theft of his cats to city police Saturday.
Goshen police were called to the home of John Anglemyer, 1612 S. Tenth St. Anglemyer told police his two cats were stolen from his apartment, and he did not know who took them.
• A 12-year-old boy told Goshen police someone stole his bike Thursday while it was parked at Chandler Elementary School.
• Steven Kennel told Goshen police Friday that someone had stolen extra keys to his home at 2717 Evergreen Lane.
• Christina L. Vaughn, 31, 528 21 Wildflower Drive, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police Friday after she attempted to shoplift clothing shortly after noon at Kohls, 3802 Midway road. In addition to the theft charge, she was arrested on a charge of false informing after allegedly giving police a false name. She was incarcerated in the Elkhart County jail.
• Martina Pudelova of Goshen told Goshen police someone used her debit card number to make several fraudulent purchases in New York Tuesday through Thursday.
• Nina Freel of Goshen told Goshen police that someone slashed all four tires on her van late Tuesday or early Wednesday. The vehicle was parked at 1018 W. Lincoln Ave. when the damage occurred.
• Jose Gonzalez, 19, 2112 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, was arrested in the 300 block of Middlebury Street shortly after 8 p.m. Friday on a charge of possession of marijuana and on a Goshen city warrant. He was incarcerated in the Elkhart County Jail.
Cats stolen in Goshen
- Police News
Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber
Elkhart County police have released still photos captured from video of the man who attempted to hold up Red D Mart gas station, 68310 Ind. 15, New Paris, on Saturday, July 19.
- POLICE NEWS FOR JULY 23: Police determine car fire at Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt Following a four-month investigation, Goshen police determined that a car fire in the Linway Plaza parking lot on March 19 was an attempted suicide.According to Goshen police, William J. Tully was inside a car that caught fire at 12:11 p.m. March 19
- LaGrange man airlifted from scene of crash A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash at Ind. 13 and C.R. 34 at 1:48 p.m. Tuesday. Terry Fry, 44, LaGrange, was airlifted by MedFlight from the scene. Elkhart County police said he was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital with fractures to
Suspicious blinking package with battery pack causes police to evacuate business area
A package with a battery pack and a blinking red light found on the desk of an employee at MSC, 28551 Laura Court, Elkhart, caused police and firefighters to evacuate the area this morning.
The package turned out to be a GPS tracking device and not a bomb.
Cat beaten to death in burglary
A house cat was found beaten to death following a burglary at a home in Howe Sunday.
Fiery crash kills one, critically injures two in North Webster
A fiery crash in North Webster left a Pennsylvania man dead and two others critically injured at 3:21 p.m. Sunday on Ind. 13, near Esterbrook Drive.
- Police looking for armed robbery suspect The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public for information related to an attempted armed robbery at the Red D Mart at 68310 Ind. 15, in New Paris Saturday.According to police, at approximately 9:13 a.m. a white male approximately 20
- Work release inmate being sought Elkhart County police filed a report Thursday indicating Matthew J. Balint, 20, failed to return to lawful custody at the work release center, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, at 4:04 p.m. July 9, and is now considered absent without leave.
- Handguns reported stolen from barn Troy Alexander Mueller of New Paris told Elkhart County police someone removed handguns from a pole barn located at 19902 C.R. 146 in New Paris between 1:30 a.m. Saturday and 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Elkhart motorcyclist dies from injuries Michael Nunez, 33, Elkhart, died at 8 p.m. Monday from injuries he sustained in a two-vehicle collision at C.R. 6 and C.R. 13 near Elkhart, according to Elkhart County police. The crash occurred at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.According to Elkhart County police,
- More Police News Headlines
- Police ask for public's help in identifying would-be robber