THE GOSHEN NEWS
A 13-year-old boy was arrested at the Goshen Middle School by Goshen police on a charge of possession of a knife on school property at 1 p.m. Thursday. According to police, the small pocket knife was discovered after it had fallen out of the student’s pocket and hit the floor. He was released to his mother.
Crash injures passenger
A passenger was injured in a single-vehicle collision Wednesday. The crash occurred at 9:38 a.m. Elkhart County Police reported Robert Workman, 50, Nappanee was traveling eastbound on C.R. 30, west of C.R. 15, when he lost control of his 2007 Chevy pickup. The truck went left of the center into a ditch and struck a utility pole, but didn’t damage the pole, according to police.
A passenger, Stephaine Workman, 23, Nappanee, complained of back pain and was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment. No citations were issued.
Stolen vehicle found
The Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department recovered a stolen vehicle along C.R. 32, west of C.R. 1 where it was found to be abandoned in the roadway around 12:21 a.m. Thursday. The registered owner has not been located, according to police.
Leaving the scene reports filed
• Kenyon Lederman, 54488 C.R. 8, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone struck his mailboxes with their vehicle before fleeing from the scene between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Darrel Weirich, 13272 C.R. 20, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police someone crashed a vehicle into his mailbox, his neighbor’s fence and a phone box before fleeing from the scene around 7:37 p.m. Wednesday.
• David Hockert of Nappanee, told Goshen police someone took his car keys while at Maple City Bowl, 1300 W. Pike St., Goshen around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• An Elkhart resident told Goshen police someone tried to pull her 15-year-old son out of a vehicle while it was stopped at the intersection of Indiana Avenue and Lincoln Avenue at 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Luis Javier Graciliano-Lopez, 26, 1033 Bontrager Ave., Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police after a traffic stop in the 200 block of North Cottage Avenue at 4:31 p.m. Thursday. He was also arrested on charges of being a habitual traffic violator and being in possession of a counterfeit government-issued identification. He was ticketed for false and fictitious registration and no financial responsibility. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Daniel Staley, 42, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving with a suspended driver’s license during a traffic stop on Ind. 120, west of Ind. 13 in Middlebury. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.