A NorthWood High School senior was in critical condition Friday evening after falling off a truck the night before.
Nappanee police said Tori Graff, 18, was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital after the mishap, which took place around 9 p.m. in the school parking lot.
Police Chief Julie Dijkstra said Ryan Kelly, 18, a NorthWood senior, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet pick-up truck south in the east parking lot. Graff was on the back bumper, and another NorthWood senior was on the truck’s side running board. Dijkstra said Graff fell from the vehicle and hit her head on the pavement.
Dijkstra said Friday morning that Graff had been admitted to Memorial Hospital’s intensive care unit.
Man admits making meth
A Nappanee man pleaded guilty to a drug-related charge Thursday morning in Elkhart Circuit Court.
Dana J. Hall, 55, 402 S. Main St., entered a guilty plea to a Class B felony charge of dealing in methamphetamine by manufacturing. Under the terms of his plea deal, Hall will serve 10 years in the Department of Correction, plus four years on probation.
Hall was arrested after police raided the home of co-defendant Charles D. Thompson, 52, 455 W. Indiana, in February. A fire broke out in a second-story room during that search, according to prosecutors. Firefighters extinguished the blaze.
Kid hit by rock
A juvenile male was hit in the head with a rock near 342 Stone Drive in Goshen while playing with other children at 5:58 p.m. Thursday. The juvenile was transported to the IU Health Goshen Hospital for treatment. According to police, the juvenile sustained only a small laceration and swelling in the area of the cut. The child was transported for medical attention to verify his injury was minor.
• Vanessa Harris of Goshen told Goshen police someone stole her son’s tennis shoes around 5 p.m. May 16 in the area of Pringle and West Plains Drive in Goshen.
• Michael Mast, 136 Brookside Manor, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his son’s bicycle from the residence at 8:46 p.m. Thursday.
• Benny Henio, 301 Arbor Court, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a bicycle outside the apartment around 3 p.m. Thursday.
• Patricia McKnight, 61098 C.R. 21, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole jewelry and collectable coins from her residence between May 7 and May 8.
• Blanca Sanchez of Goshen told Goshen police someone used her name in Adelanto, Calif., to open a phone account with Verizon back in 2010.
• Schawn Lee Hennessy, 20, 148 Alfred St., Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of possession of a controlled substance and marijuana during a traffic stop on Ind. 120, east of C.R. 17 in Bristol at 12:26 a.m. Friday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.