A driver was taken to Parkview LaGrange Hospital for cuts to the head in a four-vehicle crash in LaGrange County Wednesday. The collision occurred at 4:22 p.m. According to LaGrange County police, Steven S. Milholland, 50, Angola, was driving a 2006 Ford when he was hit broadside by another vehicle causing him to crash into a 1999 Honda Civic driven by Roxy A. Miller, 58, Shipshewana, at the intersection of 600 W. U.S. 20.
A motorcyclist was injured in a single-vehicle crash at Ind. 13, south of U.S. 6 in Syracuse. The crash occurred at 9:50 p.m. Tuesday. Elkhart County police said a 26-year-old male driver was driving a Honda Metropolitan scooter and lost control, laying it down in the roadway. The driver sustained a significant head injury and was airlifted to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne. Police said the driver was not wearing a helmet and alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash. The Elkhart County Crash Investigation Team is investigating the crash further.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Judith Reed, 1515 Harvest Drive, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole property from her residence at 3:19 p.m. Tuesday.
• Chance Goble, 427 S. Silverwood Lane, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole several items from his residence at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• James Gibson, 70231 C.R. 29, Syracuse, told Elkhart County police someone entered his residence and stole jewelry and multiple electronics at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
• Amber King, 22, 24135 Himebaugh Ave., Elkhart, was arrested at 10:09 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of theft allegedly taking $1,000 cash the last month from her employer, Target, 3938 Midway Road, Goshen. She was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Sylvia King, 433 N. First St., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole a personal check from her mail sometime April 16.
• Bailey Luise Ritsema, 26, 20383 Garnet Drive North, South Bend, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Meijer’s, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 11:11 p.m. Wednesday. She was transported to Elkhart County jail.
• Victor Garcia, 523 E. Douglas, Goshen, told Goshen police someone attempted to steal his black scooter at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday.
• An employee of the Elkhart County Fairgrounds, 17446 C.R. 34, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole eight brass firehose fittings from the fairgrounds between 8:30 a.m. Tuesday and 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Tim Wert of Syracuse told Elkhart County police of charges on his debit card that were fraudulent around midnight Saturday.
• Caleb Garnett, 204 S. Cottage Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police another person attempted to get money from him on the Internet by claiming to be a South Bend police officer at 10:45 a.. Wednesday.
• A bank employee at 2513 S. Main St., Goshen, told Goshen police a customer was victimized in a scam at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
• Abbegall Drake of Goshen told Goshen police someone made unauthorized charges on her credit card around midnight Monday.
• Assistant principal Rick Yoder at Northridge Middle School, 56779 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, told Elkhart County police a 12-year-old male had a small pocket knife at a school function and made threats to another student at 7 p.m. Saturday. Police said Wednesday that the investigation is continuing..
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Amy Conklin, 18615 Hover Court, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone broke the windshield on her 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier between 11:30 p.m. May 16 and 8:05 a.m. May 17.
• Gabriel Chapman, 31, 59173 Timber Trail, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of domestic battery at 7 p.m. Tuesday. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Flair Industries, 1405 S. Tenth St., Goshen, told Goshen police there was a fight between four employees at 8:19 a.m. Wednesday. Police and medics arrived and information was gathered. Police said no one involved wanted to file charges.
• Kirk Depoister, 38, 9567 Adams Road, Pierceton, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of driving with a suspended license and false informing during a traffic stop at Lincolnway East and Dierdorff Road in Goshen at 7:35 p.m. Wednesday.