THE GOSHEN NEWS
LaGrange County police arrested two men following a traffic stop Saturday night in LaGrange County.
According to police, a Department of Natural Resources officer made a traffic stop after noticing a black 1990 Chevrolet S-10 truck spotlighting deer on C.R. 125 East north of C.R. 700 North near Howe and that the vehicle had an expired license plate.
During the stop, officers reportedly found a hypodermic needle and methamphetamine precursors, as well as a handheld spotlight, two meth labs and three firearms, as well as eight grams of meth.
Roderick E. Barnell Jr., of Vicksburg, Mich., was arrested on charges of possession of meth with a firearm, manufacturing meth, possession of a drug precursor, maintaining a common nuisance, unlawful possession of a hypodermic needle and use of artificial lights while in possession of a firearm. David C. Shaffer, Howe, was arrested on charges of visiting a common nuisance and use of artificial lights while in possession of a firearm.
Police said both men are incarcerated at the LaGrange County jail.
• Paul Steury told Goshen police Saturday that his sunglasses were stolen out of his vehicle overnight Friday while it was parked at 311 E. Douglas St., Goshen.
Suspicious person reported
• A Goshen woman told police Saturday that an unknown person knocked on and attempted to open the door to her residence at 631 N. Main St. Saturday around 6:09 p.m.
• Andre Pepper and Rachell Rush, told Goshen police they were the victim of battery Saturday around 6:44 p.m. at 1101 1/2 S. Main Street, Goshen.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Jadah Bergman told Goshen police Friday someone let the air out of two of her vehicle’s tires overnight Saturday at 119 Hackett Road, Goshen.
• Goshen police were called to the 500 block of South Seventh Street Saturday in reference to several vehicles and a home being vandalized with mustard around 8 a.m. Saturday.
• Bobby Hall told Goshen police Saturday that around 6:16 p.m. someone vandalized his inflatable Christmas decorations at 203 W. Oakridge Ave., Goshen.
• Adrian Perez Jr., 24, of 321 W. Oakridge Ave., Goshen, was arrested in the 2100 block of West Wilden Avenue around 5:12 p.m. Saturday on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a habitual traffic offender status. He was transported to the Elkhart County jail.