A Goshen man was airlifted after receiving injuries in a single-vehicle crash at C.R. 7, south of C.R. 50 in Goshen Friday.
The crash occurred at 12:10 p.m. Elkhart County police said a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Michael R. Snook, 56, Goshen, was traveling north on C.R. 7 and left the road into a cornfield.
Snook’s vehicle reentered C.R. 7 traveling south and left the roadway hitting a tree head on. He received facial and chest injuries.
Bomb threat called hoax
Goshen police received a call of a bomb threat at 1719 Windsor Lane in Goshen at 2:19 a.m. Friday. Police said the threat was an apparent hoax and a report was taken.
Two hurt in Friday wreck
Two passengers were injured in a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Old U.S. 20, at C.R. 15 in Elkhart Friday. The crash occurred at 4:17 a.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 2007 Lincoln Navigator driven by Mirna Jimenez, 29, Goshen, was struck by a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse driven by Kevin Shalley, 44, Elkhart. Jimenez was cited for failure to yield right of way. Passengers in Shalley’s vehicle, Micheal Hersherger, 35, Goshen, and Tavaris Johnson, 33, Elkhart, were transported to Elkhart General Hospital for complaint of head and back pain.
• A Goshen resident reported to Goshen police of finding a deceased dog in the 400 block of Gra-Roy, Goshen at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday. The dog was found in a cardboard box. The Humane Shelter was contacted to pick the dog up.
• David Doenges, 6055 S. 030 W. Channel on Dallas Lake, Wolcotville, told LaGrange County police someone siphoned gasoline from a pontoon, damaged the fuel cap and broke the fuel gauge sometime Thursday.
• Heidi Eckenberger, 674 W. Hawthorne, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole her 16-year-old cousin’s mo-ped from her residence between 9 a.m. and noon Thursday.
• Ricky Reed, 32, 4336 Fieldgate Drive, South Bend, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of theft, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, public intoxication and resisting arrest Thursday night. Reed reportedly knocked over a motorcycle belonging to Melaku Gebru in the parking lot of the Elkhart County fairgrounds, damaging the motorcycle. Police said Reed reportedly stole a bicycle out of truck belonging to Duane Newswanger. Reed fled from police and was apprehended. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Jonathan Graber, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone used his identity in an attempt to open fraudulent credit card accounts at 11:58 a.m. Wednesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• A Goshen Parks Department employee told Goshen police someone spray painted graffiti on the bike path between Main Street and Oakridge Avenue at 10 a.m. July 19.
• Jose Jenkins, Michigan City, told Goshen police his 1999 GMC pickup was damaged by a forklift while parked at 3048 Skyview Road Thursday morning.