A bicyclist died early Wednesday morning on U.S. Hwy 20 and C.R. 18. The crash occurred at 4:41 a.m. According to Elkhart County police, Elmer E. Miller, 64, Middlebury, was traveling westbound on the south shoulder of the roadway. A 2003 Cadillac Escalade SUV driven by Lyle J. Otto, 20, Topeka, left the lane of travel to the south and the front of his vehicle struck the rear of Miller’s bicycle. There is no enforcement action at this time. Police said the crash is under investigation by the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department and there is no further information at this time. Miller was a member of the Old Order Amish Church and had been employed by Jayco in Middlebury for 18 years, most recently in the cabinet shop of Plant 62.
Driver hurt in wreck
A driver was injured in a three-vehicle collision at Ind. 15, south of C.R. 40 in Goshen Wednesday. The crash occurred at 8:29 a.m. According to Elkhart County police, a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Melinda Morehead, 34, Milford, was northbound on Ind. 15. A 2003 GMC Envoy driven by Jennifer Lehman, 35, Wakarusa, and a 2004 Ford Freestar driven by Natalie Replogle, 34, New Paris, were stopped in the roadway, when Morehead was unable to stop and rear-ended the Envoy. The force of the collision caused the Envoy to be pushed into the Freestar. Lehman was transported to IU Health Goshen Hospital for complaint of neck and arm pain. Morehead was cited for speed too fast to avoid a collision.
Kid hit by van
Jagdish Soni, 62797 Planeville, Goshen, told Elkhart County police his juvenile son was struck by a white van at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds, 17746 C.R. 34, Goshen, at 6 p.m. Sunday.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Neal Wolheter, 7800 S. 900 East, LaGrange, told LaGrange County police someone unhooked then stole a three phase fertilizer injection pump system from a field near his residence early Monday. The item is approximately 2 1/2 feet tall and approximately 70 pounds and yellow and blue in color.
• Tonya Etheridge told LaGrange County police someone stole her purse from her unlocked vehicle while she was visiting lot 210 at Gordon’s Campground, 9500 E. 600 South, LaGrange, Monday. Police said she noticed her purse was missing after being at the campground for six hours.
• Robert Cutler, 20, 313 N. Fifth St., Goshen, and Joseph Littrice, 20, 2601 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Kohl’s, 3802 Midway Road, Goshen, at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Felicia McDonald, 409 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone signed and took her FedEx package from her residence sometime Friday.
• Anthony Cardenas told Goshen police his cell phone was stolen while he was at Northern Pride Car Wash, 1713 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 5 p.m. Saturday.
•Thomas Fraga, 309 W. Oakridge Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his license plate off his vehicle at 8:18 p.m. Tuesday.
• Vanessa Valencia, 413 W. Wilden Ave., Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police on a burglary to her garage between 9:30 a.m. Monday and 4 a.m. Tuesday.
• A 17-year-old juvenile male was arrested for theft at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, at 9:44 p.m. Tuesday and released to his parent.
• Roberto Hernandez-Diaz, Goshen, told Goshen police someone stole his scooter while at work at Applebee’s, 1807 Reith Blvd., Goshen, at 11:40 p.m. Tuesday.
• Trenna Ritchie, 53586 C.R. 27 lot 21, Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone stole a bicycle from her property between 6:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday.
• Anthony Cicatko, 18071 C.R. 22, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole 40 bundles of shingles from his front yard between 9:45 p.m. Monday and 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Todd Farver, 3340N-100E, LaGrange, told LaGrange County police someone struck and destroyed his mailbox along with uprooting the post out of the ground and damaging a garbage can at 6:28 a.m. Wednesday.
• Jerry Gerzeski, 1112 E. Plymouth Ave., Goshen, told Goshen police someone damaged his vehicle while in his driveway at 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Bernice Nettrouer, Goshen, told Goshen police someone vandalized her vehicle while parked at IU Health Goshen Hospital, 1721 S. Main St., Goshen, at 10 p.m. Tuesday.
• Roy Cypert, 52846 Helen St., Bristol, told Elkhart County police someone struck his residence with an arrow and another object struck his vehicle’s windshield leaving a crack around midnight Saturday.
• A representative for Bashor Children’s Home, 62226 C.R. 15, Goshen, told Elkhart County police a 17-year-old male left the grounds without permission at 7:45 a.m. Tuesday.
• Juan Camacho, Goshen, told Goshen police someone is using his social security number after trying to obtain service from Dish Network at 2:31 p.m. Tuesday.
• Melissa Renner, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone has been using her banking information since Dec. 3, 2012 to make 13 unauthorized transactions.
Drug/alcohol reports and arrests
• Goshen police were called to the area of Concord Homestead and C.R. 26 in Goshen on a report of suspicious person walking in the neighborhood at 2:25 p.m. Tuesday. Ubaldo Diaz Ruvalcaba, 18, was located and allegedly in possession of two glass pipes used to smoke marijuana. He was ticketed for the infraction and released by Goshen police.
• Santiago Hernandez, 22, 308 Lincoln Ave., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of driving under the influence and never receiving a license with a prior conviction during a traffic stop at C.R. 7, south of C.R. 24 in Elkhart at 5:28 a.m. Saturday. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.
• Daniel E. Sharpe, 32, 114 N. Seventh St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in the 100 block of N. Seventh St., Goshen, at 5:32 p.m. Monday. Sharpe was stopped after he traveled left of center in the 200 block of E. Clinton Street. He was incarcerated at the Elkhart County jail.