THE GOSHEN NEWS
Goshen police responded to a call of a 2-year-old child walking alone on Sweetbriar Drive near Wilden Avenue around 12:45 p.m. Saturday. A guardian was located and Child Protection Services was notified.
• James Howard told Goshen police that a bank book containing his vehicle registration was stolen from the glove compartment of his vehicle between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday at his home at 621 1/2 S. Third St., Goshen.
• A staffer at Applebee’s,1807 Rieth Blvd., Goshen, told Goshen police that two people came in, ate and left without paying for their food Saturday around 10:42 p.m.
• A 22-year-old Goshen woman told Goshen police she was battered by a man near Ninth Street and Madison Street in Goshen around 4:56 p.m. Saturday.
• A 20-year-old Goshen man told Goshen police Saturday morning he was battered by someone he knew and suffered injuries to his teeth. Police informed him how to proceed with prosecution.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• Dean Bender, 702 N. Fifth Street, Goshen, told Goshen police that the rear window of his vehicle was broken during the overnight hours Friday while parked at his home.
• Blas Vazquez-De Los Santos, 209 N. Riverside Blvd, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in the 1100 block of Beaver Lane Saturday at 11:10 p.m. after he was involved in a property damage crash.
• Brooke Bender, 19, 502 W. Market St., Nappanee, was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor and possession of alcohol by a minor in the 4500 block of Elkhart Road around 4:12 a.m. Sunday morning. She was transported to the Elkhart County jail.
• Otto Maxie Carr, 49, 331 Arbor Court, Apt. 6, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated near Elkhart Road and Westwood Drive Sunday around 4:54 a.m.