An Elkhart woman and a Nappanee woman were injured in a single-vehicle crash at 3:57 p.m. Sunday near Elkhart. According to Elkhart County police, Brook Foster, 31, Elkhart, was driving her vehicle east on the U.S. 20 St. Joe Valley Parkway, just west of Ind. 19, when she reportedly lost control of her vehicle and struck the median wall. The vehicle then traveled across both lanes, ran off the road, through a creek and struck a tree. Foster was transported to Memorial Hospital for treatment of several broken facial bones. A passenger in her vehicle, Vanessa Osoria, 28, Nappanee, was taken to Elkhart General Hospital for treatment of a laceration to her right leg and complaint of head pain. The Elkhart County Crash Investigation Unit is investigating the collision.
Theft/burglary reports and arrests
• Lavon Yoder, LaGrange, filed a report with Goshen police at 4:56 p.m. Sunday indicating his cell phone was stolen from out of a friend’s vehicle while parked at 1819 Lincolnway E., Goshen, between noon and 4:56 p.m. Sunday.
• Steve Cox, 411 Center St., Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 9 a.m. Sunday stating he had found a scooter in the alley behind his residence.
• Herbert Holman, South Bend, filed a report with Goshen police at 6:01 p.m. Sunday indicating his Apple iPhone was stolen while he was working at Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen.
• An employee of Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 8:03 p.m. Sunday indicating a male subject entered the store and tried to use a counterfeit $10 bill.
• David Lopez, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 8:06 p.m. Sunday indicating his wallet had been stolen while at 631 N. Main St., Goshen.
• An employee of Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 12:13 a.m. Monday indicating two unknown white males were seen exiting the store with three bottles of alcohol that had not been paid for.
• Timothy M. Martin, 64670 C.R. 9, Goshen, filed a report with Elkhart County police at 3:52 p.m. Friday indicating someone entered his unlocked garage between 8 a.m. July 4 and 3:45 p.m. Friday and stole cash and tools.
• Joshua Melvin filed a report with Elkhart County police at 10:05 p.m. Friday indicating his chrome bicycle with pink pegs was stolen while sitting in front of a residence at 672 N. Hawthorne, Bristol, between 8 and 8:47 p.m. Friday.
• David W. Leach filed a report with Elkhart County police at 1:43 p.m. Sunday indicating someone stole his 2005 Yamaha Zuma moped while parked at Elkhart County Community Corrections, 201 N. Cottage Ave., Goshen, between 2 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday.
• Bob Schrock, 3255 W. 200 South, LaGrange, filed a report with LaGrange County police Saturday evening indicating someone stole two saddles out of a horse trailer parked on his property sometime between July 4 and Saturday. Total value of the two saddles is estimated at $2,500.
• Ciara Ramirez-Pizana, 23, and Stormy Grant Presenell, 19, both of 1711 April Lane, Goshen, were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Martin’s Supermarket, 1527 Bashor Road, Goshen, at 8:18 p.m. Monday. Both people were released with signed memorandums to appear in Goshen City Court.
• Two juveniles were arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 10:54 p.m. Monday. They were released to parents after a written promise to appear in court was signed.
• Cory Thompson, 20, 2421 Kercher Road, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of theft at Walmart Supercenter, 2304 Lincolnway East, Goshen, at 10:15 p.m. Monday. He was released on a memorandum to appear in court.
• Two males were observed on scooters riding recklessly by running stop signs and going faster than the maximum 25 miles per hour by Goshen police at Seventh and Washington streets at 1:28 a.m. Tuesday. The males split in separate directions upon being observed by police. There were no arrests made at the time of the report. Police said the scooter is being held for safekeeping until the owner can be determined. There is no further information available
• James L. Begly, 25516 C.R. 36, Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone forced entry to a detached garage and stole a golf cart between June 27 and July 5.
• Larry Adcock, 60275 Graybill Ave., Goshen, told Elkhart County police someone stole two bikes at 2:07 a.m. Friday.
• Keith Blankenship, 5870 E. 100 South, LaGrange, told LaGrange County police someone stole a handgun from his residence sometime July 2.
Vandalism/criminal mischief reports
• An employee of Little Caesars, 4568 Elkhart Road, Goshen, filed a report with Goshen police at 5:45 p.m. Sunday indicating a young white male grabbed the Little Caesars sign she was holding while standing next to Elkhart Road and hit it against an electric box causing damage to the sign.
• A 14-year-old male was arrested by Goshen police at 1:01 a.m. Monday in the 1000 block of South Main Street, Goshen, on a charge of criminal mischief after officers received a report from Stephen Thompson, Toledo, indicating someone had thrown water balloons at his semi that had cracked the passenger side windshield. The juvenile was later released to his mother.
• LaGrange County police received a report at 11 p.m. Saturday indicating the rear driver’s side window of a vehicle owned by an employee of the Shady Nook, 10170 E. 600 South, LaGrange, had been smashed sometime between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday while parked at the business.
• Goshen police were called to Parkside Elementary School, 1202 S. Seventh St., Goshen, on criminal mischief at 4 p.m. Thursday. Police said bark was removed from one of the trees on the property. The damage will cause the tree to die, it will need to be removed and replaced with a new one.
• Kenneth Shafer, Middlebury, told Goshen police someone used his debit card to remove money from his account at 1:48 p.m. April 27.
• A 22-year-old female told Elkhart County police someone struck her with an open hand several times while at the intersection of Ind. 120 and C.R. 17 as a result of a road rage incident at 12:45 p.m. Sunday. The female suffered pain and redness to her face and arm.
• William T. Helms, 42, 19461 Suncircle Court, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 11:39 p.m. Friday at the intersection of C.R. 8 and C.R. 21 on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, driving with a suspended driver’s license, resisting law enforcement and reckless driving. He was booked into the county jail.