Two women were jailed on drug-related charges Monday night near Warsaw after they reportedly purchased items associated with the production of methamphetamine from a retail store.
According to a report by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department, officers received a report at 7:37 p.m. of two people buying large amounts of items associated with the production of meth from the Warsaw Menards store.
Winona Lake officer Joe Brumbaugh stopped a vehicle on C.R. 100 East and his canine "hit" on the suspect vehicle, indicating drugs were in the car.
Police said they arrested Jody Renee Yeazel, 47, Syracuse, on a charge of possession of methamphetamine, and Becky A. Moser, 51, Millersburg, on charges of dealing methamphetamine, possession of drug precursors and possession of marijuana. Both were incarcerated in the Kosciusko County jail.
Yeazel was held on $2,000 bond and Moser was held on $20,000 bond.
Cash stolen from church
According to a sheriff’s department report, a spokesperson for Grace Bible Baptist Church, 68080 Division St., New Paris, reported on Sunday that cash was stolen from the church.
on drug charges
According to Goshen police, Brandon Pritchett, 21, 313 S. 27th St., and Alea Miller, 19, 102 Olive St., were cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 100 block of North Indiana Avenue at 1 a.m. Sunday. They were cited and released.
Man cited for
Goshen police reported the arrest of Hudson Foust, 18, 1301 E. Hively Ave., Elkhart, after a traffic stop at Pike Street and Riverside Boulevard at 8:30 p.m. Sunday. He was cited for driving while his license was suspended and released.
Goshen police received a theft report from a resident Sunday afternoon. Police said Deena Corbin, 35, Goshen, reported two people took items from a basement of an apartment at 402 E. Jefferson St. The incident is under investigation.
• According to the sheriff’s department, Afasnick C. Alvarez, 31, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of felony driving while intoxicated and possession of cocaine after a traffic stop at U.S. 33, north of C.R. 42, at 3:20 a.m. Sunday. He was booked at the county jail on the felony charges.
• According to a sheriff’s report, Juan Hernandez, 23, Goshen, was accused of driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a traffic accident at 3 a.m. at U.S. 33 and C.R. 13. He was booked at the county jail on the misdemeanor charge.
• Sheriff’s officers reportedly stopped a vehicle driven by Willie Calhoun, 58, South Bend, at C.R. 26, east of Ind. 19, at 5 a.m. Saturday. The driver was accused of driving while intoxicated as a felony after refusing to submit to a blood-alcohol test.
• According to Goshen police, Jeremy Blume, 24, 431 W. Lawrence St., Mishawaka, was stopped in the 3000 block of Elkhart Road at 2:30 a.m. Sunday and cited for misdemeanor driving while intoxicated. He was booked at the county jail.
• Goshen police reported the arrest of Arthur Szarka, 59, 388 Johnston Court, Goshen, at the 100 block of East Pike Street at 3 a.m. Monday. He was charged with driving while intoxicated and booked at the Elkhart County Jail.